***This Position is Full-time Day Shift
Works under the supervision of the Executive Director. Responsible for the planning, management and growth of the Foundation’s Annual Giving. Lead the strategy for donor acquisition, renewal and upgrade, incorporating individual donor solicitation, direct mail, online, email, social media and indirect giving channels. Oversee initiatives for employees and grateful parents. Achieve financial goals established annually.
Minimum Job Requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· Minimum three years of successful fundraising experience required, ideally in healthcare or hospital setting.
· Minimum two years of supervisory experience required.
· Demonstrated knowledge of the principles and practices associated with Annual Giving including direct mail, telephone solicitations, online/digital initiatives and donor relations.
· Effective interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with colleagues, physicians, volunteers, and constituents.
· Strong computer and analytical skills including knowledge of donor database systems, such as Raiser’s Edge.
· Superior written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated presentation abilities.
· Understanding and adherence to fundraising professional standards
· Mission driven and results oriented.
· Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information.
· Able to travel and work evenings and weekends as required.
· Move - move about office and campus as well as off-campus locations and meetings.
· Sit - regularly required
· Speak or hear for clear exchange of information - regularly required
· Use Hands to finger, handle, or feel (manual dexterity) - regularly required
· Vision - ability to adjust focus - ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus, i.e. shifts gaze from viewing a computer monitor at a distance of several feet to forms that are closer to compare data at close vision
· Vision - Close vision - ability to see clearly 20 inches or less
· Vision - Distance vision - ability to see clearly 20 inches or more
· Outdoor Weather Conditions (Cold, Heat, Wet) - Not Required
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
Establish and meet the department’s annual goals and objectives in order to increase the number of donors and dollars raised.
· Develop and implement a strategic plan of action with objectives, timelines and evaluation plans for Annual Giving. Analyze results and use data to evaluate and adjust strategies/tactics as needed to ensure programmatic growth.
· Administer and oversee an annual plan for the acquisition of new donors and renewal and upgrades of existing donors through direct mail, e-philanthropy, and personal solicitations.
· Work in cooperation with other members of the Foundation team to develop fundraising strategies, identify new prospects, plan effective solicitations, and ensure timely and appropriate acknowledgement of gifts.
· Provide creative focus and project management for key annual projects and piloting of innovative fundraising practices.
· Personally qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward high-end Annual Giving donors via various methods of communication including face-to-face meetings.
· Build the organization’s presence in the community to engage individuals and groups as donors via grassroots fundraising initiatives.
· Cultivate internal relationships to enhance collaboration with and gifts from employees and physicians. This includes direct solicitation as well as supporting employee driven fundraising initiatives and encouraging referral of grateful families.
· Serve as liaison between assigned Service Lines and the Foundation.
· Develop and maintain a comprehensive knowledge of Nicklaus Children’s Health System’s history, culture, programs, case for support, organizational structure, and funding priorities.
· Manage a team of employees and volunteers in support of the Annual Giving fundraising objectives.
· Supervise the Annual Giving Coordinator, who works directly with potential donors, to support their development and success.
· Utilize donor database system and reporting capabilities to perform comprehensive analysis of all aspects of Annual Giving, Community Outreach, and Gift Clubs and track against financial and donor count goals throughout the year.
· Keep abreast of best practices and trends in the healthcare philanthropy, through online training, reading publications, and memberships in professional organizations.
· Manage expenditures and budget for this department, ensuring cost effectiveness within budget.
Additional Job Duties:
· Other duties as assigned
Role: Director Annual Giving - Nicklaus Children's Health Foundation
Apply for this job now.