I have a FANTASTIC opportunity for a COMMITTED and MOTIVATED individual to join a 3-bed residential service as a Children's Residential Support Worker in the Cribbs Causeway area of Bristol specialising in Emotional Behavioural Support (EBD)
We are looking for a PASSIONATE and RESILIENT individual who wants to make a difference in the lives of young people.
**Due to the nature of the job and the activities involved, we are only able to consider applicants who have a full driver's licence**
Job Title: Children's Residential Support Worker
Salary: £28,220 - £31,460 (sleep allowance included)
Location: Cribbs Causeway, Bristol (BS34 postcode)
Hours: 7:45am - 11pm (sleep) 7am - 8am
Shift pattern: 2 on 4 off
- Opportunity to complete the Level 4 Children & Young People qualification - fully funded!!!
- Free meals whilst on shift
- Get paid to play computer games and go to theme parks!!!
- Casual dress code
- Company pension
- 28 days annual leave
- Access to discounts for shopping outlets, restaurants and cinemas
- Comprehensive Training Package including scheduled ongoing face-to-face training and CPD planning
- Plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and career development
- To encourage the young people to do activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age.
- To keep the homely, friendly culture and environment of the homes.
- To be able to deal with challenging behaviours when needed.
- Protect children and young people from risks to their health and welfare.
- Provide support for the children and young people in the home and promote their independence and well-being.
- Maintain a safe environment for young people.
- Ensuring the safety of the students and maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of the individual's; care plan, guidelines, reward system and preferred method of communication.
- Supporting taxing behaviour safely and sympathetically.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with the staff, parents, Social Workers and other professionals that may be involved in the young people's lives such as Psychologists.
- Experience as a Children's Residential Support Worker, or with Young People is desirable but not essential.
- Experience within another healthcare or social care setting is desirable.
- You must be a car driver as you will be required to transport young people from time to time.
- You must be over the age of 21.
- NVQ or QCF level 3 in Children & Young People is desirable.
- You must be able to commute to Bristol.
If you want to make a difference, make a positive impact, and support young people in health & social care this is the PERFECT job for you!
Click apply today!!