Manufacturing Areas and Quality Assurance
90 days (unless otherwise specified)
On the job training necessary to fulfill requirements of this job description
Explain: Requirements as defined per F-6.2.2-15 Training Matrix and QP-7.5.1-3 Welding Process Control.
2.0 The general purpose of the position
The general purpose of a Quality Inspector at GCA is to provide first article, in-process and final inspections supporting manufacturing needs while ensuring products prescribe to the appropriate engineering and specifications.
3.0 Major work functions and desired outcomes
Major functions of an Inspector at GCA are to perform an assortment of inspections including First Article, in-process, and final inspections using standard measuring equipment for determining product quality and completing the required paperwork indicating the results once the inspection is completed. It is the responsibility of the Inspector to make educated decisions when accepting or rejecting products based on the applicable specifications and engineering.
The Inspector is responsible for documenting inspection results according to GCA policy and procedures including controlling the whereabouts and identification of nonconforming products discovered during the inspection process. The inspector at GCA is responsible for documenting his/her time and on jobs inspected using JobBoss.
The Inspector is responsible for prioritizing his/her inspection workload to support the overall organization’s goals as well as reduce and identify potential risks of potential production stoppages. He/she will also work with manufacturing personnel to explain and resolve issues discovered to be nonconforming at the time of the inspection.
4.0. Essential vs. non-essential functions of the position
A Quality Inspector at GCA must be able to fluently perform or have the following necessary skill sets:
- Read blueprints
- Computer skills (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, Access)
- Use and read SME and perform all layout inspections as necessary
- Experience with an AS 9100 quality management system
- Experience in performing gage R&R studies
- Experience with an effective calibration system
- Meet Welding Inspector Specialist or Assistant work experience/and or education requirements
- CMM operations/programming experience and/or certification (Preferred - Not Required)
An Inspector at GCA may also perform the following tasks including but not limited to:
- Perform inspections off-site
- Work with Production, Engineering, and other departments, as appropriate, to develop problem resolution plans
- Participate in root cause analysis studies and provide inputs to corrective actions, as required
- Work with production and other departments to establish inspection methods to be employed for new products.
- CMM operators/programmers may also perform the following tasks:
- Write or edit programs for precision machinery.
- Ensure that precision machinery is in working condition and properly calibrated.
- Determine program requirements based on design and engineering requirements.
- Operate precision machinery as needed.
5.0. Required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience
A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
· Inspection experience and reading blueprints in a manufacturing environment can be substituted for education requirement.
A quality inspector at GCA must have minimum of (2) years of inspection experience and reading blueprints in a manufacturing environment.
· Post High school education may be substituted for experience requirements.
Certified as an NDT Level I, II, or III in the Florescent Penetrant Inspection scheme is preferred but not necessary.
Certified as a Weld Inspector is preferred but not necessary.
Certified to operate/program CMM precision machinery is preferred by not necessary.
6.0. Physical and environmental requirements
An Inspector at GCA must be able to pick up 50 pounds without assistance in standard conditions and in a normal working environment.
He/she must be able to stand when performing inspections and have the physical ability to perform inspections throughout the manufacturing environment.
7.0. Disclaimer statement
Job descriptions change and evolve; therefore, the duties listed herein may be modified from time to time. Green Country Aircraft reserves the right to amend, add to and/or delete job responsibilities for this position at any time.
Role: Aerospace Quality Inspector
Apply for this job now.