GPS Staffing is a nationwide preferred provider of staffing and recruitment services. GPS has over 25 years of dedicated staffing partnerships with organizations ranging from International Fortune 500 companies to Colorado startups. Our team is committed to Growth, People and Success!
Title: Sourcing Excellence Manager: GCO and Corporate Services
Job ID: 4843
Location: Tampa, FL
Duration: 4.5-Month Contract with possible extension
Pay Rate Range: Depends on Experience (hourly, W2)
- Our client is searching for a Sourcing Excellence Manager, who will have an opportunity to work closely with the Global Commercial Operations and Corporate Services, including HR, Finance, Legal, Sales/Marketing, Data Acquisition and Analytics, and Business Process Outsourcing in one of the leading Bio Tech companies in the world.
- They will understand how large multi-national companies work and how to work within a matrix corporate environment. The Sourcing Excellence Manager will report to the Sr. Manager, Sourcing Excellence GCO & Corporate Services.
- The Sourcing Excellence Manager will also receive excellent training, support and knowledge of procurement practices.
- The manager’s responsibilities ideally suit someone looking to forge a management career in Procurement (with progression towards Regional/Global Category Management) and/or across other business fields in the Bio Tech/Pharmaceutical industry.
Executing Global/Regional Sourcing Strategies
- Work is guided by operational and project related objectives defined by GCM/RCM:
- Implement global/regional sourcing strategies across US markets
- Document (in Ariba) and guide sourcing execution through to implementation
- Communicate to GCM/RCM local and regional requirements impacting category strategies
- Support supplier analysis and market intelligence activities
- Manage Request for Proposal and Quotation processes (eRFX)
- Ensure sourcing tactics drive value in specific functional business environments, including legal & regulatory context
- Develop, maintain, and implement preferred supplier lists
- Implement supplier improvement programs within key supplier relationships
- Implements new procedures and processes to drive desired results
Delivering Value for Customers
- Understands business goals and customer needs to implement opportunities while providing training and guidance
- Partners with colleagues in Finance and all other Function Heads as appropriate
- Supports / Manages delivery and validation of savings for Global Category Managers
- Anticipates and prevents potential problems through root cause analysis
- Ensure company’s procurement policies are followed, ensuring that compliance metrics are met or exceeded, supported through preferred supplier contracts:
- Inform stakeholders on company’s sourcing policies and procedures, providing support and corrective actions where required
- Review and approve purchase requisitions and escalation of any non-compliant requisitions to the appropriate Global or Regional Category Manager
- Lead and implement contracting with new suppliers
- Support ongoing contract management (incl. renewing and renegotiating existing and expiring contracts)
- Less than 10%, domestic travel may be possible
- Sourcing/procurement experience
- Ability to analyze pricing data
- Negotiation skills, and excellent communication skills
- Solid understanding of sourcing processes (tendering, supplier negotiations and contracting) across multiple countries, across multiple spend categories
- Competent in Project Management and independently develops practical solutions (Planning, prioritizing and delivery), with experience in leading project teams across geographic and functional reporting lines
- Understanding of Global Commercial Operations and Corporate services business functions is a plus
- Ability to provide thought leadership to customers and actively shape customer’s overall strategy while understanding business goals
- Excellent communication skills (presentation, virtual team development, etc.) resulting in relationship building and development
- Problem solving skills
- Able to work with minimal direction, ensuring quality of tasks / service provided by self and other
- Experience using e-procurement tools such as Ariba
- Applies analytical skills to evaluate and interpret complex situations using different information sources in order to draw and present analytic insights
- Highly proficient with MS Office Suite, including Excel
- Fluent business English, written and oral
Top Must Have Skills:
- Experience gathering requirements from business partners to develop complex RFx
- Building, managing, and analyzing RFx responses and developing recommendations for vendor selection.
- Negotiating business and legal terms and conditions within a defined process as well as developing complex, detailed statements of work.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with various different levels of management
- Would prefer experience in Ariba or Fieldglass (or prominent E-Sourcing tool)- we need someone to hit the ground running since there will not be a lot of training involved due to the length of contract.
- At least 12 months experience - no more than 7 years’ experience
- Procurement, sourcing, buyer
Required Education and Experience:
- MBA and 2 years of Sourcing, Management Consulting, Project Management or Global Commercial Operations/Corporate Services experience OR
- Bachelor’s degree and 4 years of Sourcing, Management Consulting, Project Management or Global Commercial Operations/Corporate Services experience
We will not respond to everyone personally - qualified candidates will be contacted for a screening.
Please submit your resume in a word document.
GPS Staffing is a nationwide preferred provider of staffing and recruitment services. GPS has over 25 years of dedicated staffing partnerships with organizations ranging from Fortune 500 companies to startups. Our team is committed to Growth, People, and Success!
Role: Sourcing Excellence Manager: GCO and Corporate Services
Apply for this job now.