Terminix is hosting a hiring event for individuals interested in a Pest TechnicianOpportunity!!
Date: Saturday, October 27, 2018
Time: 9:00AM - 12:00PM
Location: Terminix Branch
12901 Nicholson Road #260
Farmers Branch, TX 75234
Position Available: Pest Technician
For more than 85 years, Terminix has built a reputation as one of the nation’s leading providers of termite and pest control services, safeguarding over 3 million homes and businesses against all types of pests in 47 states and 14 countries.
What is this role about?
Our Pest Technicians serve in a key front-line role and are the very heart of what we do. It’s all about providing outstanding service delivery of Terminix products to valued customers within your assigned territory.
What does a “Day-in-the-Life” look like?
Equipped with a company vehicle and excellent industry training, Pest Techs are out in the neighborhoods Terminix serves visiting residential customers and performing their pest control treatments. Pest Technicians also offer customers on their route additional products and services that may be beneficial, which presents a great opportunity to earn commissions on top of a very attractive base salary.
Here are a few more specifics of what you would be doing each day:
- Applying pesticides to structures according to schedule, safety procedures and label instructions.
- Responding on a timely basis to customers' requests for telephone and in-person service calls + calling customers to confirm scheduled services.
- Identifying and acting upon opportunities to sell additional Terminix products or services
What do I need to be successful?
- Being a high school graduate/having a GED and a valid driver’s license are both requirements
- Prior industry experience is great, but not required. The following are much more important…
- You are personable and enjoy interacting with customers
- You are self-motivated and have a strong work ethic
- You can effectively present information to customers one-on-one and in small groups
- You are detailed oriented and understand the importance of safety
- You have a good aptitude for basic math-- necessary for doing calculations related to sales and service
- Of course, given our business, you should be comfortable working outside and in confined spaces like crawl spaces and attics
- For safety reasons (rebreathers have be able to seal to your face) our Pest Techs aren’t able to have facial hair
Why should I choose Terminix?
In addition to being part of an iconic brand with a rich 85 year history, here are some other highlights of what we offer members of the Terminix Team.
- Comprehensive training and licensure, all paid by the company
- Highly competitive compensation
- Company provided vehicle (that you can take home with you at night) and gas card
- Opportunities for advancement and career growth - including paths into management level roles
- Medical, dental and vision coverage + discounts on ServiceMaster brands
- Short/long-term Disability and Life Insurance
- Paid time off
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Terminix and ServiceMaster are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
HireLive is the leading Sales, Retail and Management recruiting firm nationwide. We work with multiple Fortune 500 companies to help them find top talent. To be considered for other opportunities in your area visit #removed# for more information. HireLive focuses on bringing candidates and companies together.
Terminix International the World's Largest Pest Control Company is a division of ServiceMaster, a family of industry leading brands which include Terminix, TruGreen, ServiceMaster Clean, American Home Shield, Merry Maids, AmeriSpec, Furniture Medic. The Commercial Division within Terminix provides custom Pest Control Solutions to over 150,000 businesses nationwide.
Role: Pest Control Technician
Apply for this job now.