Company: JOFFREY'S COFFEE & TEA COMPANY
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Joffrey's Coffee and Tea Company is looking for a Barista (Service Specialist) to join our team at our new flagship café in Midtown Tampa opening July 2021! The Barista (Service Specialist) is a role where you will serve patrons at our café by serving hot and cold drinks along with our delicious pastry and snack items at a level of quality that ensures their satisfaction and their desire to return.
This person should have a positive attitude, be enthusiastic and enjoy working with all types of people. The ideal candidate will be able to adapt to a fast-paced environment, have excellent customer service skills and prior experience working in the foodservice industry.
We will be interviewing for positions starting April 15th. Training will begin tentatively June 14th. Apply Now!
Please carefully consider the essential physical requirements highlighted in this section before continuing with the submission of your application.
- Serve - Prepare hot and cold beverages, such as coffee, blended coffee and tea to customers and correctly customizing orders while monitoring and ensuring the quality of all beverages and food items served in the café .
- Sell - Work with the Guests demonstrating solid product knowledge by describing the details of the product and answer any questions they may have, such as dietary needs or known allergies. Possess a high degree of knowledge in explaining the origins, production and brewing of Joffrey's coffee products.
- Clean and stock - Determine that all workstations are stocked with products needed. Clean and sanitize all work areas and customer-seating areas.
- Go Above and Beyond - Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment which includes acknowledging every customer with our Joffrey's greeting “WELCOME TO JOFFREY'S," maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other components of customer service. Express high enthusiasm and desire to succeed. Maintain an environment which communicates a mission to constantly meet customer expectations.
- High School diploma or GED
- Above-average communication skills
- High level of comfort in "team" settings
- Acquire Barista Certification within 6 months and recertify every six months
- Ability to follow all safe food handling procedures and sanitation practices
- A good memory to manage multiple orders and recipes at the same time
- Ability to serve customers quickly, efficiently and kindly with high sensitivity and ability to respond to customer needs
- Will be required to serve alcoholic beverages upon customer order while observing applicable state/local laws and company policy; must ensure customer meets the legal age requirement prior to serving alcohol.
- Must be able to stand for long periods, bend, climb ladders, reach over your head, be able to push, pull and lift upward and handle up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
- Ability to operate and use safely and efficiently all equipment necessary to run the café and maintain equipment in working order
- Ability to process information and merchandise through computer system and POS register system
- Ability to communicate with associates and customers
- Ability to read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation
- Ability to freely access all areas of the café including selling areas, stock area, and register area
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and some holidays along with varied hours/days to oversee café operations
- Control shrink
- Cannot have visible tattoos or multiple piercings on body
- Willing and able to work at any Joffrey's Coffee location upon request
- Perform other duties as assigned
At Joffrey's Coffee & Tea Company, our passion for truly exceptional coffee and tea inspired us to start something special. We are committed to a never-ending quest to provide the world's best coffee and tea with unsurpassed quality and attention to detail from seed to cup. Today, after 35 years, we roast to order more than 100 varieties of coffees and teas for our customers -offering customized solutions at hotels, fine restaurants, cruise lines, gourmet retailers, supermarkets, business offices, military bases, online stores, theme parks - and just about anywhere else coffee and tea is enjoyed. Still, our mission is unchanged: to provide every customer with the ultimate experience by making Everyday Moments That Much Better™.
Joffrey's is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that offers a competitive salary and benefits package, paid time off, 401k, opportunities for advancement, and a supportive working environment where employees are encouraged to share in our commitment to social responsibility.
Powered by JazzHR