Location: Hockley, Birmingham
Salary: £22,000 - £26,000 dependant on experience
Hours of Work: Anywhere between 5:30am - 22:00pm, 40 hours Monday to Sunday
Production Supervisor Responsibilities:
- To motivate and give direction to Team Leaders in producing and maintaining quality-based production;
- Supervising all aspects of the Team Leaders and providing additional resource
- To effectively manage the Production and Dispatch operations from the start to end of the product lifecycle.
- To effectively manage the site Hygiene functions for your shift.
- Taking responsibility for the finished products by monitoring and maintaining quality;
- Putting policies and procedures in place and monitoring their activity for BRC Audit.
- Working with Production & Technical Manager re production and technical aspects of the company.
- Dealing with any employee relation issues for staff members
- To negotiate and plan with Team Leaders to ensure sufficient staff cover in all areas at all times;
- Undertake operational duties when required to meet deadlines and/or cover for staff absence;
- Ensuring product quality in all areas: Filling, Baking, Packing etc
- Maintain stocks of materials and their appropriate storage as required working with the Planner.
- Reviewing training needs and effectiveness of training skills;
- Ability to carry out supervisory responsibilities in all areas.
- Competent in carrying out stock take unassisted in all areas working.
- To ensure all production equipment is maintained and serviced appropriately;
- Liaise with all Team Leaders to ensure sufficient work is allocated with the correct usage of equipment. Ensure that staff have, and are able to use, correct safety equipment to carry out their duties Liaise with other departments to make sure any issues are dealt with appropriately;
- Ensure all relevant paperwork is completed and recorded correctly;
- To use Sage 50 to input Production/Packing information re product and raw materials;
- Provide on the job training and upskilling to new starters and current staff
- Good standard of computer literacy (Word, Excel. Access and Sage 50);
- Ensure hygiene and cleaning requirements are carried out at all times working in line with Cleaning Schedule
- Ensure Health & Safety Policy and Procedures are adhered to by carrying regular checks;
- Identify hazards and evaluate risks in the workplace, and areas that need improvement;
- Develop and maintain effective working relationship with your team, your manager and with people outside your team;
- This list is not exhaustive
Production Supervisor Requirements:
- Must have strong leadership and managing staff
- Managing health and safety at work
- Supervisor/Management experience
- Food Science related degree or 3 years supervisor experience in food industry.
- Experience of management of a bakery/pastry facility;
- Experience of working in a food manufacturing environment;
- Experience and knowledge of BRC internal audit, GMP's and KPI's
- Experience and knowledge of Quality and continual improvement of the procedures carried out and products.
- HACCP Level 3 qualification
- Experience of training staff
If you think that you are suitable for this Production Supervisor role, please apply now!