This position is in support of the Air Force's Next Generation (Next Gen) overhead persistent infrared (OPIR) missile-warning satellite constellation. Our Integrated Simulator (ISIM) team develops the satellite software simulator for the satellite hardware, the space environment surrounding the satellite, and all ground satellite navigation and control functions. Our simulator validates thousands of satellite commands and the resulting satellite space telemetry. Our Next Gen work will be supporting software simulator development, testing, training, and launch operations support for multiple Atlas 5 launches. Experience with modeling and simulation frameworks is strongly desired. This systems engineer will perform tasks and be involved in all phases of the systems engineering process including requirements definition, design, development, test, and demonstration during each release and iteration. Will assess satellite hardware design to provide designs and recommendations to the team for simulating the satellite hardware's execution and capabilities. The candidate must be able to communicate effectively with the team to work through road blocks to resolve issues quickly.
- Extensive experience in real-time satellite simulation software
- Understanding of GPS and/or SBIRS satellite operations
- Experience with modeling and simulation frameworks are strongly desired
- Experience with the A2100 spacecraft model
- Experience writing engineering design documents
- Experience with ICDs, performance specifications, and HW diagrams
- Experience writing and executing test plans
- Experience with test automation
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies
- GPS and/or SBIRS Experience
- Ability to review and approve modeling software written in Fortran, Ada, Java, C++
Role: Satellite Systems Engineer
Location: Colorado Springs,
Apply for this job now.