As part of a growing, Fortune-500 publicly traded company, we are offering opportunities for advancement and growth, along with long-term stability and great benefits. Seeking Distribution Apprentice (B or C Class) Linemen for long term expansion on the Duke Energy System in South Carolina. We are looking for motivated individuals who are interested in growing their career with us.
Successful candidates will possess existing Overhead (or Underground) Distribution experience as an apprentice class lineman or long-term experience as an Operator/Groundman able to demonstrate readiness to grow into a greater role. Preference may be given to candidates who are able to bring along additional qualified candidates to form entire crews. SAFETY IS A CORE VALUE FOR OUR COMPANY so substantial weight will be given in the selection process to candidates demonstrating their shared commitment to safe operations.
We offer competitive wages, paid vacation & holidays and a full benefit package including Health, Dental, Vision, both Company Paid & Supplemental Life Insurance as well as Optional Critical Care Insurance, 401K with substantial company match, and LifeLock Identity Protection.
We value education and training for our employees. We offer the opportunity to expand your skillsets by applying to our in-house Certified 4-Year Apprenticeship Program, following 6 month's of employment.
Job Duties and Requirements:
• CDL is Preferred
• Work safely while performing new construction, maintenance or repair work of energized and de-energized conductors.
• Capable setting poles and anchors according to safety policies and specifications.
• Maintains company vehicles, equipment and tools in good working order.
• Capable of learning distribution voltages on a circuit.
• Must be familiar with induced voltage.
• Capable of learning to understand and read blueprints.
• Capable of assisting with inspecting and recognizing structural problems.
• Able to work alone on de-energized lines.
• Capable of obtaining knowledge of wire stringing techniques.
• Capable of learning and understanding how to sag wire from structure or bucket.
• Able to assist with assembly and erect poles to all heights.
• Able to assist in framing and setting most basic line structures.
• Able to assist in framing a de-energized pole structure in the air.
• Able to assist with installing all types of compression connections.
• Capable of properly installing and removing PPE and cover up.
• Capable of properly inspecting rubber goods, covers and PPE.
• Understands how to tie various lineman knots.
• Capable of making up and using a hand line.
• Understands grounding procedures.
• Understands principles of proper equipment set-up.
• Understands minimum approach distance.
• Understands flag and tag procedures.
• Capable of performing basic bucket rescue/escape.
• Able / willing to travel long distances on short notice, when required.
• Able / willing to work for extended periods in various locations, when required.
• Able / willing to lift in excess of 50 lbs, when required.
• Able / willing to work outside, frequently in inclement weather.
• Able / willing to work Overtime, when required.
• Able to work productively from an aerial device, working at heights and/or confined spaces, able to climb different types of structures, able to perform rigorous physical labor.
• Those hired without CDL may have the opportunity to obtain one within 90 days.
If you are looking for a long-term career with opportunities for advancement and growth, combined with stability and great benefits, we'd love to hear from you! Apply today!
Join a growing company and build your engineering career working with the brightest minds in the utility industry! Vector is looking for motivated individuals to join our team where your growth potential is unlimited. Help us rebuild the nation’s infrastructure and lead us into the future. We are helping a Fortune 300 company lead the pack in electric power, gas and utility infrastructure construction and we are looking to add the right individuals to our team!
Role: Lineman Apprentice (Overhead or Underground B/C) - Fortune 500 Company
Apply for this job now.