Class 2 Driver
Who are we?
Bibby Distribution Ltd has been operating under the Bibby Line Group umbrella since 1985 servicing household names from over 40 locations across the UK.
Our vehicle fleet includes 370 artics, 230 rigids and 1500 trailers operating from several million square feet of warehousing which provide employment for around 2,000 people. A planned policy of growth and development seeks to see this figure increase continually, through organic growth and selective acquisition.
We pride ourselves on our commitment to the health, safety, welfare, training and development of all our colleagues along with our excellent benefits package that is offered to all employees.
What is the role?
Excellent opportunities exist within Bibby Distribution Limited for Class 2 Drivers to become part of our operation, based at our depot in Corby. Based on a 48 hour week, you'll be committed to delivering a first class service to our customers, with a usual start time of 06:00 you'll need to be flexible at times in line with customer needs.
A day in the life as a Class 2 Driver for Bibby Distribution might look like:
- General driving duties, observing current legal and best practice delivering and collection to/from our customer's premises or other BDL locations.
- Wearing correct company uniform & PPE (clean & in good repair).
- Maintaining a professional standard when representing BDL whilst delivering, driving or collecting products.
- Carry out pre-use checks prior to using any equipment / vehicle / trailer, complying with appropriate documentation &procedures.
- Reporting of any vehicle defects / damage or H&S issues to BDL management.
- Ensuring that vehicle loads are safe and damage free, secured with the appropriate restraints as per company procedures / Safe Systems of Work.
- Check/ complete /retain and hand over all load documentation/POD's and delivery paperwork.
- Ensure that the returned goods process is followed at all times.
- Provide relevant feedback to management on information gathered whilst completing your duties.
- Maintain vehicle cleanliness using all equipment safely as specified in operating procedures and Safe Systems of Work.
- Adhere to all H&S rules. Comply with other sites rules and maintain high standards of compliance, hygiene and housekeeping.
- Operate in accordance with BDL's policies and procedures.
- Comply with any other reasonable requests from Management.
What will make you a great fit for this role?
- Category C driving licence
- Minimum 12 months class 2 driving experience on UK roads
- Multi drop experience
- No more than 6 penalty points
- No driving convictions
- An understanding of the law relating to drivers hours regulations and tachograph
- Clean driving licence
- Up to date drivers CPC
- Great communication and organisational skills
- Live within 15 miles of NN17
Let's talk perks…
- Job share available on most roles to suit successful candidate
- Overtime available after basic hours (dependant on contract)
- Discounts on days out, tickets, gym memberships, retailers, restaurants and more!
- Some of this month's picks - 30% off Adidas, 10% off Apple, 4% off Tesco!
- Free cash healthcare scheme for all employees including dependent children; 24/7 counselling & support, 24/7 GP helpline, dental, health screening & more
- Free eye c