The company provides construction and technical services across North America to the power-gen and industrial processing sectors. The Senior Buyer will work primarily with project managers and will be responsible for leading operational procurement, with a focus on planning and execution of direct materials and sub contract services procurement to meet project deliverables, schedule and cost objectives. Some domestic and international travel is required.
Success will be measured by supplier performance, supply chain process effectiveness to deliver projects to plan and cost down in key spend categories.
- Continually scan the supply market, qualify suppliers and manage supplier performance
- Identify and formulate strategies relating to opportunities for improving value from spend; lead sourcing projects to capture more value from spend
- Work with stakeholders to develop BOMs, SOW and related specifications and demand forecasts
- Establish project sourcing plans to ensure that work is completed on schedule, within scope, aligned with company strategies and risk-mitigated
- Prepare and manage RFX’s
- Analyze and propose recommended purchase plan for required material and services
- Reconcile exceptions, variances and unplanned issues in supply
- Negotiate and place work under contract
- Manage project purchase transacting
- Manage suppliers during project execution; resolve problems in supply; coordinate with field teams on materials management
- Maintain project records pertaining to planning, execution, changes and control and communicate status to Project and Operations.
- Coordinate with Legal, Project Management, Engineering and Warranty teams as necessary
- Maintain and communicate Supply Chain KPIs for the business
- Identify and implement improvements to supply chain
- Conduct periodic, formal progress reviews with major suppliers
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree, in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, or Operations Management.
- Advanced skills in MS Office
- Must have performed buyer or purchasing duties, using SAP or similar ERP system.
- Must have led strategic sourcing projects.
- Demonstrated competence in contracting, negotiation, supplier management and project management skills, with the relevant legal and accounting knowledge.
- Track record in achieving results in the areas of cost savings, managing supplier relationships and value creation.
- Experience sourcing in low cost regions.
- Highly effective communication skills with internal and external stakeholders.
- 10 years of experience in Supply Chain and Procurement for large scale construction projects such as Power, Water, Oil & Gas, Industrial Plant or heavy commercial construction.
- Prior responsibility for commodities related to Power Gen.
- Experience leading strategic sourcing projects.
- Experience leading complex construction projects as a project manager.
ENEXIO is a reflection of what we do and what we have accomplished together with our customers as a pioneer in the field of power cooling and water and wastewater over decades. It represents a commitment to our customers and all business partners at the same time we as a global power cooling solutions and service provider stand for Energy.Engineering.Excellence. #removed#
With our experience and pioneering spirit in engineering, manufacturing and service we deliver state of the art solutions for power plants, water and wastewater applications, always affected by our deep sense of responsibility for the overall management of resources and a clean environment.
We deliver excellence and achieve customer satisfaction everywhere in the world. Our worldwide employees work with a continual commitment to high quality, ecology and cost effective products and services. Our commitment to Energy, Engineering and Excellence means for our customers that we are a reliable partner who is always there to meet your expectations with superior results.
ENEXIO US LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ENEXIO also participates in E-Verify and we will provide the Social Security Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Role: Senior Buyer
Apply for this job now.