The American Gem Society Laboratories, a nonprofit diamond grading laboratory, is seeking a Laboratory Operations Manager.
This position is a key link between all departments and is critical in promoting a laboratory work environment and culture focused on teambuilding, employee empowerment, innovation, exceptional quality and world-class customer service.
- Plans, organizes, evaluates, and oversees the work of the Operations department
- Plans and evaluates staff performance
- Provides day-to-day leadership and works with staff to promote a high performance, customer service-oriented work environment which supports achieving the department's and the AGS’s mission, objectives and values regarding team building and employee empowerment
- Plans, oversees and manages the evaluation and review of processes associated with Client Services team
- Develops, implements and administers comprehensive programs, policies, guidelines and procedures as directed and needed. Implements Total Quality Management initiatives, goals and objectives.
- Prepares Standard Operating Procedures and Laboratory Operations Manuals. ISO 9000/9001 focused.
- Plans and conducts assigned research projects.
- Provides technical assistance to others on administrative and analytical matters.
- Performs program administrative functions and prepares technical reports, correspondence and other written materials.
Other Duties: The above noted job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities that may be assigned.
Knowledge of principles, practices and methods of organizational analysis; business reporting and analytics, particularly as related to systems/process analysis and data management; Total Quality Management and LEAN Six Sigma principles; quality assurance auditing process; Laboratory instrumentation; Client Services principles and best practices; purchasing practices and legal requirements; Change Management principles; AGS Laboratories organization, functions, programs, policies, procedures and initiatives; budget development and administration methodologies.
Ability to analyze administrative, operational and organizational problems, evaluate alternatives and reach sound conclusions; collect, evaluate and interpret varied data, either in statistical or narrative form; interpret and apply laws, regulations, policies and procedures; prepare clear and concise reports, and other written materials; maintain accurate records and files; direct the work of others on projects; use PC word processing, graphics and database programs to develop reports, databases and communications materials; coordinate multiple projects and meet critical deadlines; exercise sound judgment within established guidelines; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those encountered in the course of the work.
Required education and experience:
Bachelor’s Degree and/or minimum 5 years’ experience with client services management, laboratory management, and/or operations management.
We are a team of passionate, inspired, empowered nonprofit professionals. With teamwork at our core, we make a difference by serving our members and clients to the best of our abilities every day. We believe our people are our greatest assets, so we work to attract and retain employees with our competitive compensation and benefits package, not to mention a great work environment!
We offer a competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as short term and long term disability and company matched 401(k) contributions. Our work schedule is 37.5 hours per week, 7:00 am-3:30 pm, Monday through Friday. Some travel may be required outside of normal working hours.
Role: Operations Manager
Location: Las Vegas,
Apply for this job now.