Company: WATERSAVER FAUCET CO
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
WaterSaver Faucet Co. manufactures specialized precision valves and faucets for use in science laboratories. We are a third-generation, family-owned company that has been in business for almost seventy years. Our products are used around the globe and we are the worldwide leader in our industry.
Our headquarters and main manufacturing facility are located in a LEED Gold certified, state-of-the-art 125,000 square foot building located in downtown Chicago. This facility is easily accessed from the Kennedy Expressway (I-90) and public transportation. We also operate a facility in Monterrey, Mexico for manufacturing component parts.
We offer a work place environment that rewards commitment, talent and the drive for excellence and we encourage each employee to take initiative and ownership of their work.
Role & Responsibilities:
We currently require an Entry-Level Buyer to join our purchasing team. Specific duties include, but not limited to:
- Solicit price quotations for a wide variety of raw materials, purchased components and MRO supplies;
- Assist in negotiating price, lead time or payment terms with vendors when needed;
- Place purchase orders;
- Monitor the status of open orders and expedite deliveries where necessary;
- Resolve any problems or issues with vendors; and,
- Maintain purchasing database.
We require a hands-on professional with drive and the ability to identify problems, think through options and implement solutions. Specifically, the ideal candidate for this position will have the following qualifications:
- Recent college graduate with Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain/Economics/ Operations or related business discipline;
- Excellent computer skills including ERP and MS Office;
- Strong communication skills;
- Ability to read and interpret engineering prints;
- Team player and quick learner;
- Experience with manufacturing and some knowledge of the laboratory environment.
This is an excellent position for a candidate seeking a stable position with a successful company, with opportunity for advancement.
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package, including:
- Competitive salary, depending on skill and experience level;
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan plus dental insurance;
- Life insurance;
- Combined profit-sharing and 401(k) plan with company match;
- Two weeks paid vacation after one year, plus paid holidays.
WaterSaver Faucet Co. is an equal opportunity employer, committed to developing and retaining a diverse work force and providing a safe and healthy work environment.
Powered by JazzHR