Company: ROWAN RECRUITMENT LIMITED T/A ROWAN FINANCE
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
This is an exciting, newly created FD position within a highly invested tech start-up within the CleanTech sector.
Our client specialises in innovative technology that will facilitate a cleaner, greener future. In addition to being backed by venture capitalists, they have attracted investment from a series of high-net-worth individuals and received government funding as part of their Net Zero Strategy to achieve the net zero target by 2050. Established by a CleanTech expert and entrepreneur, they have a board consisting of passionate and dedicated industry experts.
This is an incredible opportunity to join a business during a critical point on its growth journey and facilitate their ambitious plans. Forecasting revenue of £3m by early next year, they are anticipating rapid growth in a fast paced and in-demand market.
To achieve these promising growth plans, the business is seeking a high energy, passionate Finance Director to bring strong financial expertise, which will influence and shape the finance function and help to drive further investment.
Reporting into a highly accomplished CEO, the new appointee will be an ambitious financial leader, who can establish themselves as a trusted advisor to the rest of the Board and achieve sustainability through financial rigour. Key responsibilities will include:
- Act as a ‘right-hand person’ in both strategic design and delivery, offering sound commercially and operationally focused financial support to create and deliver a structured growth plan.
- Responsibility for all the company’s finance and accounting activities, the production of accurate month- and year-end accounts, including the P&L, balance sheet, and cash flow. As a team of two, half of the day-to-day responsibility will focus on operational tasks.
- Managing the timelines around funding, providing constant records and reporting, and improved rigour around project spend and usage of funds.
- Conducting a full review of the current financial systems, controls, and processes, implementing the required robust and scalable automation to match the company’s growth aspirations and prepare for further investment.
- Capitalise on opportunities provided from the government’s support, while maintaining effective risk management, reducing cost, and realising new opportunities for growth.
- Produce long-term business models in line with potential future investment to ensure returns are maximised, risk is eliminated, and strategic goals are met.
- Support the CEO in preparation of financials for Board & investor meetings, outlining information flow and forecasts that will support a further investment process and maximise enterprise value.
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant with a track record of success in supporting a scale-up growth strategy within a start-up, preferably within a pre-revenue business within an energy, biotech or similar type sector. Demonstration of a results-driven and hands-on approach will be expected. The candidate must enjoy getting into the detail whilst also being comfortable to take a strategic leadership position at senior leadership level, evidenced by the implementation of strategic goals into objectives.
The business is about to enter an exciting period of accelerated growth, and this represents a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious individual to fast-track their development and career towards the future CFO. The role will also provide equity within the business by next summer.