2nd, 3rd shift preferred
The machining employee will be primarily responsible for the Set Up and Operating of CNC Machinery, Specifically Swiss Screw Machines and Mill Turns and robots to perform one or more machine functions.
- Set Up Highly Complex 8-13 Axis Swiss Screw Machines and 8 to 11 Axis Mill Turn Machines
- Edit G Code programs to troubleshoot issues and improve operation efficiency of the job.
- Complete first Article work pieces, measure and inspect them using precision measuring equipment and turn into Quality Control for Approval.
- Plan work for lights out machining
- Operate same equipment
- Transfer programs from servers to CNC machines, using computer network links.
- Review program specifications or blueprints to learn and set machine operations and sequencing, finished workpiece dimensions, or numerical control sequences.
- Create and update Set Up and Process Documentation
- Trouble shoot programs
- Lift workpieces to machines manually.
- Control coolant systems.
- Maintain machines
- Write simple G-Code programs for computer-controlled machine tools.
We will provide relocation services for the right candidate
- Strong working knowledge of Set Up and Run of Swiss and Mill Turn Machines
- Mathematics — Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Mechanical — Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Production and Processing — Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the language used in the workplace including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Design — Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Computers and Electronics — Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Engineering and Technology — Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Quality Control — Conducting inspections of parts & assemblies to evaluate quality or performance.
- Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Operation Monitoring — Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Operation and Control — Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Troubleshooting — Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Active Learning — Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Equipment Maintenance — Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Repairing — Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
At KVI we’ve created a unique company culture based on our relentless pursuit of excellence. We recruit for fit to this culture. We drive this culture daily. What our customers get from it as a result, is a competitive team like no other. Our performance results prove it. It’s what we believe in. It’s how we serve our customers. It’s our Keys to Success!
KVI is a leader in the Aerospace and Medical Device marketplace. We are seeking talented, innovative, high spirited, and motivated people to fulfill our Company Mission. If you enjoy creating things and have a strong work ethic, this may be the right position for you. We offer competitive compensation for highly qualified applicants and great benefits . We offer an excellent collaborative work environment that is clean with hi tech equipment. We offer manufacturing training programs. Our company culture speaks for itself.
Initiative, good character and a complimentary fit are important to us. The cornerstone of our company culture is our extraordinary people dedicated to delivering outstanding services to our customer. At KVI: People Matter, Quality First, Integrity Always.
Here are some of the Advantages to being a TEAM Member at KVI:
1.A strong Organizational Culture defined by ‘36 KVI Keys for Success.’
a. Visit # and # (Scroll down to ‘The KVI Keys To Success’ to see all our KEYS.)
Scroll down further to ‘Awesome EMPLOYEES’ and view current Employee Testimonials.
2.Market (+) Wages and Benefits
3.Clean, Organized, environmentally controlled Facility.
4.A Place where you can GROW professionally and personally:
a. Modern Equipment with automation capabilities provides our employees the latest technology to learn and excel to improve their bottom line.
b. Company provided on-going training and identifies new opportunities for training:
c. KVI Training Program & Registered Apprenticeship Program run by KVI Director of Training
d. Be a part of a team where you can learn and contribute. Our average Industry experience is over 28 years.
5.KVI of the Future Program. A professionally facilitated program that listens to our KVI Millennial Generation Team. They address Attracting and Retaining Millennial talent as well as focus on modern technology that KVI needs to be aware of and implement to stay competitive. We teach manufacturing business concepts and work together with management to solve company issues
6.KVI Legacy Team – Our mature journeyman group that oversees and implements changes to our training documentation. They also meet 6X per year to define training opportunities, knowledge transfer items and also to discuss and solve company issues.
7.The RIGHT TOOLS available when you need them.
8. Your Voice is heard by:
a. Weekly KVI Keys Meetings
b .Open Door to the Top Policy
9. Annual Employee Evaluations and regular Feedback.
10. KVI: Where People Matter, Quality First, Integrity Always is what we LIVE!
11. Be a part of a TEAM that succeeds where others fail. [Based on (2) independent studies by Wharton Business School]
Our firm is a successful, growing, ultra high precision, and quality driven CNC machining facility. We are AS-9100, ISO-9000 and ISO-13485 Certified. The work environment is fast paced, challenging, rewarding and exciting. We rely on individual integrity and a strong work ethic to provide the attitude and skills needed to satisfy our customers in a very demanding marketplace.
We offer excellent pay, a bright/clean & modern shop with some of the newest machine tools available in our marketplace. You can become a valuable part of this organization.
KVI is subject to numerous DoD and ITAR regulations, accordingly, Applicants will be subject to a thorough background check and drug-testing.
Please email your resume, references and salary history.
Role: CNC MACHINIST - SWISS and or Multi Axis MILL TURN
Apply for this job now.