Grade 7 Role: Senior Technical Architect - Server, Desktop & Laptop.
Salary: £46,696 - £53,700, (depending on skills and experience) This role will be based in Southampton.
Reporting to: Senior Technical Architect - for enterprise.
Does your job Matter? ..... What we do does.
Are you a talented end-user services architectural designer?
Are you someone who can switch between different problems?
If so, we would love to hear from you!
The Maritime & Coastguard Agency has started an ambitious IT transformation programme that will deliver improved capability across an expanded IT workforce. We aim to improve all technology services whilst supporting the wider business on its own transformation requirements and ensuring IT aligns to their needs.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Technical Architect End-Users Services to take up a key role within MCA's architecture team. This role will primarily provide technical leadership and architectural design. You will work on large or multiple pieces of work that are complex or risky. You will help define strategy and are key to assuring services. You will regularly collaborate and find agreement with senior stakeholders, providing direction and challenge. You will be proactive in identifying problems and translating these in to non-technical descriptions that can be widely understood.
You will receive support from the Chief Architect and have the chance to create positive working relationships across the whole of MCA.
Roles Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Responsible for producing the MCA Server, Desktop and Laptop technology architecture strategy.
- Oversees the design of architecture strategy, policies and standards.
- Leads development models and has a broad understanding of how each model fulfils the needs of the business.
- Responsible for production of technical roadmaps for the areas of specialism.
- Ensures appropriate support is provided to the operational teams when required.
- Responsible for the technical designs; justifying and communicating decisions.
- Ensures technical design is supportive of business processes and their definition;
- Ensures technical design is supported by appropriate applications and infrastructure;
- Assures technical design through the Architecture Review Board;
Please see the attached Role Profile for an in-depth view of the post and full role responsibilities
Based at MCA Headquarters in Southampton the role holder will be expected to participate in ongoing continuous professional development and this may require spending time away from home and the workplace.
Do you have experience and passion for Server, Desktop and Laptop technology? You need to have experience of setting architectural strategy and strategies for obtaining stakeholder adoption. Proven knowledge of adopting and gaining buy-in to technical architecture principles and methodologies. You will need to have a broad knowledge of different technologies. You will be able to converse easily with and translate between non-technical stakeholders and technical practitioners. As the perfect candidate you will be able to switch between different problems and responsibilities and have experience with being directly involved in service delivery. You will be flexible, with the ability to travel between our various sites.
Role: Senior Technical Architect - Server, Desktop & Laptop
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Southampton, Hampshire,
Apply for this job now.