Customer Support Engineer required by a well-established business based in Poole to join their Technical Support team. Outstanding customer service and a professional confident manner is essential for this role.
- Minimise the impact of faults for IT, applications and telephony solutions
- Undertake occasional customer site visits and provide on-going support
- Maintain a record of customer issues and resolutions
- Must have commercial experience working in a technical support role
- Experience with Microsoft operating systems and server infrastructure including event logs/PHP logs, file management, PC utilities, and Active Directory administration
Must also have skills in one or more of the following:
- PHP (or similar)
- Databases (simple diagnostics, web services, synchronisation, patching, backups, failovers)
- Voice Technologies/Telecoms (e.g. VOIP, contact centre, PBX, PSTN, IVRs, TCP/IP, SIP, DNS etc.)
- Networking Diagnostics (configurations, routing, switching, Firewalls)
- Server Hardware (diagnostics, repair, build, installations, restorations, etc.)
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
Full UK driving license or realistic plan to obtain a driving license is essential (travel to other sites may be required occasionally)
Please note that once proficient and trained, this role may require occasional support on a rota outside of working hours and at weekends where necessary. You will be paid double your hourly rate for any overtime. You may also be required to visit customer sites occasionally.
Working hours: Monday to Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm / 9:30am - 6:00pm (alternating weekly).
Contact Bond Williams IT Recruitment in Bournemouth to discuss this opportunity in further detail.
Keywords: IT Support, Technical Support, IT Helpdesk, Service Desk, 2nd Line Support, Hardware Support, Software Support, Networking, Telephony, Application Support, SQL, VOIP, Telecommunications.
Bond Williams Professional Recruitment are an equal opportunity employer and operate as an Employment Business and Recruitment Agency
Role: Customer Support Engineer - Poole - £25-28K
Apply for this job now.