Maintenance & Production Operative
Salary: £8.72-£9 per hour
Full time: 8 hours Saturday. Some weekdays may be required
The Maintenance & Production Operative Role
You will perform routine and preventative maintenance and repair procedures on factory and office equipment, building and utility systems. Maintenance and repairs will take priority to Production work.
- Perform minor repair to buildings and equipment;
- Performs preventive maintenance procedures on mechanical equipment on a scheduled basis; inspects belts, checks fluid levels, replaces filters, greases bearings, seals etc, repairs or replaces broken parts;
- Cleans and inspects boiler, treats water with proper chemicals;
- Replaces broken windows, repairs doors, door locks etc;
- Carry out duties as directed to ensure daily production target met with minimum wastage
- Must be able to use own initiative
- Update training in Food Hygiene, Health & Safety and First Aid (if applicable)
- Demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills
- Able to deputise in the 3 main areas of Production in the absence of supervisor e.g. holiday cover
- Supervise staff and allocate work if required
- Take responsibility for, and motivate the team
- Able to complete all relevant paperwork
- Carry out appropriate quality checks on products
- Perform the appropriate temperature checks
- Demonstrate basic knowledge on the operation of equipment in all production areas
- Carry out hygiene and cleaning requirements in line with cleaning schedule and other requirements
- Have a good understanding of company policy and procedures and take action if required.
· Flexible approach and willingness to assist in other areas of production when required
- Maintain and develop effective working relationships with people in your own area as well as other areas of the business
- Maintain and develop an effective working relationship with Supervisors and Managers.
- Maintenance Cover
Maintenance & Production Operative Requirements
- A good general knowledge of machinery upkeep and preventative maintenance is essential.
- A hands-on attitude and get things done without waiting to be told.
- A flexible approach to work and able to work as part of a team
- A reasonable standard of numeracy and literacy.
If you feel you are suitable for the Maintenance & Production Operative position, please apply now.