Computer Support Engineer
Location: Rhondda Cynon Taff, South Wales
Hours of Work: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm
Contract Type: Option for Full-Time or School Term Time Only
About the Company:
Formed in 2009, we are a dynamic IT Services company based in Rhondda Cynon Taff, South Wales. We provide IT Support services to schools and businesses throughout the South Wales area and also offer very competitive prices on hardware and software sales.
We are seeking a self-motivated and committed Computer Support Engineer to support desktop users, server infrastructure, audio visual equipment and tablets, covering a range of primary and secondary schools in RCT & Cardiff.
Computer Support Engineer Responsibilities:
- To take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers
- Talk users through a series of actions, either via phone, email or chat, until they've solved a technical issue
- Researching, diagnosing, troubleshooting and identifying solutions to resolve system issues
- Track computer system issues through to resolution, within agreed time limits
- Following standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate external team.
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time
- Support and maintain all levels of appropriate documentation
- Maintain jovial relationships with users
Computer Support Engineer Requirements:
- At least 12 months previous IT support experience
- Proven knowledge of Microsoft based server operating systems with emphasis on Windows server 2008/2012/2016 administration
- Experience with using and troubleshooting Outlook 2010/2016 within a network environment
- Good understanding of PC hardware set-up and configuration
- Active Directory administration
- Self-driven with a positive outlook
- Pleasant, polite, mature, credible and comfortable with working different environments
- Reliable, tolerant and determined
- Must possess good communication skills for dealing with diverse customers
- Access to a car is essential as travel around the local counties can be extensive
- Enhanced DBS Check will be carried out
Computer Support Engineer Benefits:
- 28 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Pension Scheme
If you think that you are suitable for this Computer Support Engineer role, please apply now!