Position Purpose & Summary
Performs the functions of a children's specialist and maintains the daily Kids Club operations consistent with the goals and directives of the Recreation Manager. They will assist with the organization and execution of all children activities, family and children's events, and summer camps.
- Able to interact with children ages sitters to about ten years of age, at varying levels of physical abilities.
- Responsible for opening and closing of the child services area at the Recreation Center.
- Helps to plan, develop, and execute various fun and educational children's activities.
- Ensure all children participating in the activities are signed in and that the responsible parent/guardian has signed a liability waiver.
- Provides a list of required materials and supplies in a timely manner to the Family and Children's Services Coordinator to purchase in support of various activities.
- Sets up and breaks down all activities, flipping the room as needed in support of future events.
- Required to attend special events hosted at the Recreation Center or other locations on property, as needed (special camps, classes, and other activities).
- Must be available to work weekends and holidays, as needed.
- Able to supervise up to 8 children at a time all while maintaining a daily interactive age friendly routine.
- Assist with maintaining the Kids Club room, Teen Room, and restroom in a clean, neat, and orderly fashion, including opening/closing, answering the phone, and checking children both in and out, according to established procedures.
- Keeps both Kids Club and storage areas neat and in safe working order.
- Consistently embodies a "play well with others" demeanor; always maintains a positive "can-do" attitude always and constantly demonstrates a proactive, team centered approach.
- Deliver "I Am Proud" service standards and department-specific signature touch points.
- Establish cross-departmental channels of communication among teammates that are consistent and complete.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet every guest, member, and team member with "I Am Proud" standards and set a positive tone for every interaction.
- Provide extraordinary service that is "Enriching by Nature."
- Embrace, embody, demonstrate, and encourage wellness and the STRATA virtues through interactions, performance, and commitments.
- Uphold the Garden of the Gods Resort and Club's brand, culture, vision, mission, and values.
- Be empowered to make things go right if they go wrong.
- Give the guest/member a fond farewell.
- Address feedback by utilizing the LEARN Model.
- Demonstrate a professional appearance and be attentive to what matters most.
- Comply with company policies and procedures.
- Observe and adhere to safety guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Interface positively with other departments, offering assistance when needed.
- Displays care in use of equipment and maintains an organized and professional work environment.
Minimum Knowledge & Skills: Requires the ability to interpret / extract information and / or perform arithmetic functions. May require typing, record keeping, or word processing. Has the need for good communication skills and patience.
Formal Education and Job-Related Experience: This position requires a minimum formal education of a high school diploma or GED and a minimum of one-year's related work experience with children: preferably in a daycare or program setting.
License, Registration, and/or Certification Required: Must have or be able to obtain CPR & First Aid Certifications
External and Internal Personal Contact:
- Daily Verbal and Written
- Monthly Participate in hosting events for children and members.
- Occasionally Participate in one-on-one coaching sessions.
Teamwork and Collaboration: This position requires continuous teamwork as well as internal and cross-departmental communication.
Additional Licenses and/or Certifications Required:
Valid Driver's License
Food Protection Manager Certification
Food Handler Certification
Alcohol Server/Seller Certification
Pushing / Pulling
Lifting / Carrying:
10 lbs. or less
11 to 25 lbs.
26 to 50 lbs.
51 to 70 lbs.
Fine Motor Skills
Gross Motor Skills
Eye / Hand Coordination
Environmental factors may include indoor setting with overhead lighting and comfortable ventilation. May occasionally be called upon to work in all areas of the property, both inside and outside, possibly in inclement weather.
Working Closely with Others
Excessive Cold / Heat
Excessive Humidity / Dampness
Noise / Vibrations
Working Above Ground
Working Below Ground
Working with Chemicals / Detergents / Cleaners
Working Around Fumes / Smoke / Gas
Walking on Uneven Surfaces
Operating Motorized Equipment or Vehicles
Working Around/Near Machinery/Motorized Equipment
Climbing on Scaffolds or Ladders
Continuous use with a Computer and Keyboard
XJob Posted by ApplicantPro