Summary of role
With cyber crime and threats increasing across the globe, The Raytheon Team (TRT) are working closely with our customers to develop software solutions to help reduce these threats.
We pride ourselves on flexible working, empowering creativity and supporting our employees. Each member of the team is a player in the success when delivering to our clients.
If you're looking to expand your horizons by learning new technologies, TRT offer on-going professional development. This is via formal and on-the-job training to help you further develop your career and develop your management skills. Main duties of the position
Basic Objective: To design, develop and maintain mission critical applications and systems; to rapidly prototype designs and to work within a CI/CD pipeline framework to deploy these designs.
- Design and develop product functionality, user interfaces and performance improvements
- Responsible for reviewing team members deliverables and providing feedback & guidance
- Support Estimation Activities
- Supporting technical planning and management meetings
Desirable Skills (any of the following)
- Previous experience of producing and deploying applications in a production environment through a CI/CD pipeline.
- Java application development
- Application development using Java orientated middleware, for example, JEE, Spring, Hibernate, Apache Camel
- Cloud technologies: AWS and Azure including infrastructure as code.
- Docker / ECS / ACS Kubernetes containerisation and orchestration
- Puppet / Chef / Jenkins / CI pipelines
- Software application development utilizing RDBMS (e.g. Oracle/MySQL) and/or unstructured persistence layers, (e.g. ElasticSearch, MongoDB )
- Experience Working in an Agile/SCRUM/DevOps delivery model
Degree in Numerate Subject essential or evidence of ongoing professional development. Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role. Standard Benefits:
• 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
• Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
• 6 times salary 'Life Assurance'
• Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme's.
• Enhanced sick pay scheme
• Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
• 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements). Flexible working arrangements can be considered depending on the role and subject to line manager approval.
• Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites and Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold) available. Raytheon Application Process
To apply visit the link to the website
# Raytheon Cyber Security
Raytheon has decades of experience in cyber, information operations and information assurance to successfully protect our global customers' critical infrastructure from the most complex threats. Increasing demand for our capabilities has led us to require the building of a new Innovation Centre to support our government, law enforcement and commercial customers. This will create a broad spectrum of new roles to support our customers in developing solutions for cyber security, research and mission support both technical and non-technical.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals who are looking for something different from their career and who are demanding of themselves and others around them to achieve success. Raytheon's ambition is to provide an environment that is more silicon valley than security and defence. We want to encourage individual innovation and progression that is both exciting and rewarding, avoiding the dull 'beige' of the standard information security companies.
If you are looking for a role and a team that will challenge you to achieve success for our customers then providing you have the skills and the ability to achieve Government clearance we want to hear from you today. About Raytheon UK
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester with presence across other customer sites also. Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country Raytheon UK employs 1,700 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances.
Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation and sits within the Raytheon Intelligence & Space business About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses - Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defence. Its 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cyber security. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Security
All successful applicants must be eligible & willing to obtain a SC clearance with the view to progressing to DV level which would be sponsored by Raytheon UK. For further information on the criteria to obtain this please visit -
Role: Raytheon Technologies moves the world forward and our employees make it possible.
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Gloucester, England, England
Apply for this job now.