Small maintenance company looking for full time, part time, and as needed/Per Diem employees to travel to assigned properties to do detailed and/or general cleaning of apartment buildings.
- Must adhere precisely to a strict routine maintenance schedule
- Sweep and mop hallways, stairwells, windows, lobby, and sidewalk
- Remove garbage/recycling from trash/compactor rooms and prepare for pickup
- Periodically inspect the building roof and yards for any clogged drains, debris, etc.
- Change light bulbs as necessary
- During heating season, blow down your boiler 3x per week and drain the "mud leg" on a monthly basis. During non-heating season, blow down your boiler on a weekly basis and drain the "mud leg" on a monthly basis
- Snow preparation and removal
- Assist with minor repairs as directed by property managers
- Report required repairs to Superintendent
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to interact professionally with supers and residents
Attention to detail, vigilance, tenacity, reliability for independent work and task ownership and over all strong work ethic.
1. Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 pounds
2. Must be able to occasionally assist Super to lift heavy appliances
3. Must have physical strength to lift cleaning materials and heavy equipment
4. Physical stamina for being on feet all day
6. Outdoor exposure in all weather conditions
7. Work in both elevator buildings and walk-ups including stairs
8. Occasionally climb ladders
Experience: 3+ years experience in custodial services/property maintenance/porter
- Strong work ethic
- Be Reliable
- Willing to help the super when he needs you
- You must be at work, on-time, for each shift assignment, be punctual and dependable, and work your entire shift. . . no excuses. You will serve on a probationary period for the first 90 days of employment.
- Able to follow detailed instructions.
- Must pass background check.
Start date for the position is immediate. Compensation will be commensurate to the level of experience.
What we offer:
- Paid vacations
- Paid sick time
- Growth-oriented workplace
- Ongoing training opportunities
Please click link to complete application and pre-interview questions.
Role: Experience Detail Oriented Building Maintenance Person / Porter
Apply for this job now.