Company: GREAT SCOTLAND YARD
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Steward/Kitchen Porter - Great Scotland Yard, London
Job Type: Full Time
Hyatt offers a great range of benefits, including:
- £500 joining bonus (£250 in your first payslip + £250 after successful probation)
- 12 free nights per year of service across Hyatt Hotels worldwide
- Employee and Friends & Family rates across Hyatt Hotels worldwide
- F&B Discounts of up to 50% in our Hyatt UK Restaurants & Bars
- Uniform provided and laundered complimentary
- Complimentary meals on duty
- Refer a friend bonus £500 per colleague introduced
- Workplace pension scheme
- Annual season ticket loan interest-free
- Cycle 2 work scheme tax-free
- Continuous Learning & Development opportunities
Being part of Great Scotland Yard Hotel also means, joining the Hyatt family which has over 907 hotels in over 60 different countries, also recognised as a UK Great Place to Work Company!
Few addresses are richer in history and anecdote than our hotel; a few steps away from Covent Garden and around the corner from Trafalgar Square, Great Scotland Yard Hotel, The Unbound Collection by Hyatt, is one of the most iconic addresses in London!
Since our opening in December 2019, we have committed to inspire the freedom to be extraordinary, enabling individual stories through curated, authentic experiences.
About the role
As a Steward joining the team, you will play a key role in providing guests with all service and assistance connected with cleaning and maintaining Food and Beverage work areas, materials and equipment in line with the Health and Safety regulations. Some of the key processes include but are not limited to:
- washing, scrubbing and maintaining all the back of house areas together with all operational kitchen equipment.
- safely operating dish washing machine, decarbonizer machines and compactor
- responsible to empty all garbage as appropriate
- correctly using chemicals and cleaning equipment and preventing hazards
- accountable for assisting with equipment stock takes, ordering, stores requisitioning
We are looking for a passionate, focused and proactive Steward to join our team. With your natural approach, professionalism and smart appearance you will be part of a strong, fun and vibrant team and you will be responsible for motivating your colleagues to achieve the best.