SPECIALIST SUPPORT WORKER
Key responsibilities of the Specialist Support Worker:
The Specialist Support Worker will oversee their own clients and must have a passion to work with learning disabilities and autism spectrum needs. You must be commitment to providing quality care and support, with a passion to make a difference. to vulnerable adults lives. You will also be involved in assisting with activities, in-house and in the community. Other duties include cooking, cleaning, personal care at times, dealing with challenging behaviour and non-verbal communication, but most importantly helping service users achieve their goals.
Example goals for a Service User could be:
- Going to cinema
- Going to a football match
- Learning how to make pancakes
- Going on holiday
As a Specialist Support Worker you will help make these things possible and also get to do these things with the service user.
About the Specialist Support Worker role:
You will operate within one residential location and work in a local community setting, providing hands on care to the service users you support, so you can expect to have total involvement with everything they do. No day is the same.
The ideal Specialist Support Worker:
- Want to embark on this project from day one to set up and make this a well-known place to work in the area.
- Have exceptional communication skills
- Ensure the service users are supported at all times, promoting a safe and happy lifestyle
- Work well under pressure
- Have previous professional experience in this role or a care role
- Know and understand nonverbal communication and challenging behaviour
- Work well with a brand new elite and dynamic team
Other Information for Specialist Support Worker
Highly reputable employer - 96% “Good or “Outstanding” CQC ratings across the UK
*Learning Disabilities, Autism, Epilepsy * Brand New Supported Living * Young Adults*
Days - Core hours between 7.00am and 10.00pm, mixture of 12 hour shifts and alternate weekends * *Occasional sleep ins on adhoc basis* Full Time & Part Time Contracts Available * Immediate interview offered
£10.01 per hour
New Milton area
Great benefit package for all staff members in place!
If this position sounds like your cup of tea, please APPLY now or get in touch for a confidential chat.