To provide reliable and courteous delivery service to customers with safety a top priority; to provide a communication link between customers and operations management; to operate and maintain assigned vehicle(s); and to maintain vehicle and customer records.
Qualified candidates must be able to frequently lift cases weighing 50-75 pounds, working in 10-12 hour shift increments. This position requires the constant and repetitive sorting, stacking, loading and unloading of cases.
The candidates must call to inquire if work is available. Hours are Tues-Friday, approx 6:30a-4:30p. Candidates must join Teamsters Local upon hire, and pay all required initiation & monthly fees to the union.
- Operates assigned vehicle in a safe and courteous manner.
- Maintains defensive driving.
- Provides a communication link between customers and staff.
- Reads and interprets maps and driving directions, and reads and interprets road signs in English.
- Maintains accurate, up-to-date records on trip sheets, customer forms, vehicle maintenance, fuel purchases, incident reports, accident reports, vehicle condition reports and other records that are requested from management.
- Performs minor maintenance tasks on assigned vehicle(s) as required.
- Serves as a positive role model while providing delivery service.
- Cleans, inspects, and services assigned vehicle.
- Operates equipment on vehicle to load, unload, or disperse product.
- Obtains customer signature or collects payment for goods delivered and delivery charges.
- Assists in loading and unloading truck manually.
- Deliver the merchandise to assigned customers in a prompt, safe, business like, and friendly manner while giving top priority to taking care of our customer's needs .
- Return all delivery receipts to the appropriate supervisor at the end of the shift.
- Work as a team member by interacting and communicating with fellow associates in a cooperative, constructive manner.
- Check accuracy and stability of the load.
- Maintain company vehicle in an orderly manner, perform daily inspections and complete DOT mandated paperwork.
- Maintain preventive maintenance for company vehicle.
- Maintain warehouse area, must be clean and organized and be in federal, state and local compliance.
- Complete all paperwork promptly and accurately to support the delivery and billing functions of the company.
- Understand and interpret policies and procedures to make decisions independently.
- Build and maintain quality customer relationships.
- Ensures safe, accurate, timely, and efficient deliveries of company products to our customers.
- Perform proper equipment maintenance as needed.
- Collaborate with management and sales representatives to communicate customer concerns and resolutions.
- Perform daily pre/post trip inspection of vehicles.
- Complete daily paperwork and computer data entry.
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 2 to 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Friendly demeanor: Always treat our customers like you would your family and friends
- Keen sense of direction: You should know how to read a map and find your way around your delivery area
- Dress the part: We’ll provide you with a uniform. We just ask that you keep it clean and come to work wearing it
- The desire to work as part of a team and enthusiasm for learning
This position will require the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. This position will also require the ability to write routine reports and correspondence. This position will further require the ability to speak effectively before groups customer, managers or employees of the organization
This position will require the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. This position will also require the ability to compute rate, ratio and percentages and to draw and interpret graphs
This position will require the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. This position will also require the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS - (These are required to perform the key responsibilities of the job with or without accommodations)
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds repeatedly
- Must be able to walk, stand, climb, balance, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl on a daily basis
- Must be able to drive a reliable vehicle from account to account
Young's Market Company is one of the oldest, continually operating family-owned companies in the US. Founded in 1888, Young’s Market Company is the premier distributor of fine wine and spirits in the western United States.
At Young’s Market Company, we believe our people are our greatest asset. We pride ourselves on attracting and cultivating the best and brightest talent in the industry. Our Best in Class team of wine and spirits professionals represent a collection of unique life experiences, world views, and ideas all focused on our core values;
Integrity, Family, Quality, and an Entrepreneurial Spirit.
Role: Seasonal Route Driver
Location: San Francisco,
Apply for this job now.