· Engage clients on regular basis through home visits, office visits, and telephone contact.
· When necessary, accompany clients to doctors' visits and to service provider and entitlement offices.
· Perform psycho-social assessments to evaluate clients' needs for services and entitlements.
· Provide referrals to primary and specialist health care, mental health and substance abuse treatment, intensive
case management, benefit entitlements, nutritional support, legal services, and other community services.
· Attend and/or organize case conferences with clients and other agencies.
· Monitor clients' abilities to meet financial obligations.
· Monitor clients' needs for apartment maintenance services.
· Document clients' continuing eligibility for program enrollment and maintain individual case files.
· Other duties as assigned by program managers.
Five years of experience performing case management at social services or community based agencies. A bachelor's degree, or higher, in a human or social services field required. Excellent verbal communication and writing skills and an ability to manage client documentation. Working knowledge of mental health, HIV infection, aging, fixed income, and substance use issues. A valid Driver's License and Field Work experience is required. Computer literate (MS Word, Excel, and Outlook proficiency). Familiarity with using e-SHARE or AIRS preferred.
Restoring hope to Westchester County's men, women and children in need by providing them with food, shelter and support and lifting them to greater self-sufficiency with dignity and respect.
Lifting Up Westchester respects the dignity and full potential of every individual. We assist those struggling to overcome the challenges of poverty, homelessness, hunger, health and education. We work with men, women and children as they create their own unique path to a more fulfilling, healthy and independent life. Striving to never turn anyone away, we enlist the generosity of a caring community through donations and volunteerism.
Role: Housing Case Manager
Location: White Plains,
Apply for this job now.