• Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel and guests.(THIS POSITION REQUIRES THE APPLICANT TO BE Bilingual English/Spanish)
• Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
• Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time
•Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant's recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
•ServSafe certified(willing to pay/send you to certification class)
•Ability to work at a fast pace
• Team mindset
• Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant's recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
• Make employment and termination decisions including interviewing, hiring, evaluating and disciplining kitchen personnel as appropriate.
• Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
• Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant's preventative maintenance programs.
• Control food cost and usage by following proper requisition of products from storage areas, product storage procedures, standard recipes and waste control procedures.
• Oversee and ensure that restaurant policies on employee performance appraisals are followed and completed on a timely basis.
• Monitor and review compliance with employee breaks
• Oversee the training of kitchen personnel in safe operation of all kitchen equipment and utensils.
• Responsible for training kitchen personnel in cleanliness and sanitation practices.
• Responsible for maintaining appropriate cleaning schedules for kitchen area.
• Check and maintain proper food holding and refrigeration temperature control points..
• Ensure consistency of recipes and use of units of measure.
• Monitor and implement seasonal menu changes.
Role: Senior Kitchen Manager.
Apply for this job now.