A leading property developer based in London, currently requires a Procurement and Contract Manager to join them on a 12 month fixed term contract.
There is a chance this could be extended or even made permanent in the future.
You will be responsible for the robust and assured delivery of procurement activity for the many and varied environmental research and data projects envisaged.
You will bring proven capability for management and delivery all aspects of the tender processes and contract management.
As a member of the core programme management team you will work alongside our sector and policy experts, whilst reporting into our corporate procurement team to ensure alignment and knowledge transfer across the business.
You will be responsible for;
- Responsibility for all procurement functions associated with the programme - whether in house, or in partnership.
- Preparation of tender documents and coordination of tender processes, including acting as the main point of contact for tenderers, assessments and meetings.
- Partner with enabling functions (including the legal team) to ensure ‘no surprises’ and efficient process to contract signature.
- Advise the business on procurement and contract matters, including defining preferred supplier lists, key supplier relationships and undertaking market engagement.
- Look for and act on opportunities to achieve best value, eg completing spend analysis.
- Support the roll-out of new procurement tools and involvement in other ad-hoc tasks
- Support the business to identify and document the scope of buying activity, including the most efficient route to procurement, while ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Contract and risk management – including supplier performance, reporting, and change management.
- Carry out any other relevant duties necessary for this role.
RequirementsFor your application to qualify you will have the following;
- Proven experience working in procurement.
- Direct responsibility for preparing tender documents and running tender processes, including e-tenders.
- Direct responsibility for contract negotiation and expeditious closeout and award.
- Public sector procurement and/or delivering partnership/co-funded projects, preferably in the marine or offshore sectors.
- Driving successful value enhancement initiatives mobilising internal or supply chain potential.
- CIPS qualified preferred, RICS desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build relationships with suppliers, across the business and with other stakeholders
- Be comfortable engaging in a number of projects running simultaneously as well as planning future workload.
- Highly organised and detail orientated, whilst also delivering to tight deadlines.
- Ability to demonstrate a customer-focused approach to service delivery.
- Being willing to challenge in a positive way to ensure the best outcome for the business.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and supply chain management software.
Benefits£45-50k with access to their full benefits package; life assurance, health care, 9% pension.