About the Opportunity
Help us succeed by doing your part as a member of our Machine Shop department as CNC Machinist. A CNC Machinist Sets up and operates conventional, special purpose, and numerical control (NC) machines and machining centers to fabricate metallic and nonmetallic parts
Major duties of a CNC Machinist include:
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or work piece as guides for subsequent machining.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, jig borers, grinders, and shapers.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications.
- Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- At least two years’ experience of Machining experience, preferably aerospace.
Experience and knowledge always a plus, and we're willing to train.
Location: Niles, MI
Please visit our website, #removed#
Or call (269)683-0585, ext. 15
Role: CNC Mill Aerospace
Location: South Bend,
Apply for this job now.