For over 35 years, we have serviced automobiles in the Capital District and become one of the most trusted auto repair shops in the area with a 5-Star rating on Yelp and Google. We service foreign and domestic cars and we work hard to earn our customers’ trust. We also offer our employees a great place to work in a friendly team environment. We are looking for an experienced Journeyman Automotive Technician (A Tech) to join our team and continue with our tradition of excellent auto repair and service.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform the following:
- Diagnostics and problem identification
- Recommendation of repairs to service advisor
- All vehicle repairs at the highest level
- Assist others in the shop as needed
- Oil changes
- Air & cabin filters
- Tire changes & rotations
- Battery changes
- Light bulb changes
- Drive belt changes
- Maintenance resets
- Fluid flushes
- Brake work
- Engine & tune-up work
- Engine & transmission replacement
- Drive line work
- Suspension work & alignments
- Door & window repair
- Basic & advanced electrical repair
- Advanced troubleshooting; i.e. customer complaints
- Advanced check engine, ABS, traction control, body control, repair any & all system circuits
- Minor fabrication & welding
- Maintain clean environment
- Implement safe work habits with regard to self, co-workers, customers, facility and vehicles.
- Be thorough and complete correctly all work processes assigned, including any documentation.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as an automotive technician; experience with hybrid cars is a plus.
- Must bring own tools
- Ability to self-correct for minor changes in job processes
- Ability to work independently and consult with peers/owner when needed
- Ability to make logical decisions affecting job outcomes without guidance
- Ability to operate and program/software upgrade scanners
- Pleasant attitude towards employees, customers & vendors
- Willingness to stay up-to-date and receive training on latest technologies
- Valid driver’s license and clean DMV record
- Willingness to have a DMV and background check conducted as a pre-condition for employment
- Ability to properly operate customer equipment on-highway
- AS degree in Automotive Technology is preferred; ASE certification is desirable but not required
Why Work Here?
- Competitive compensation
- Great team-oriented work environment with social company activities and a supporting team
- Plenty of growth potential
- Health insurance benefits
- Retirement plan with employer matching
- 2-week vacation, PTO
- 4-Day, Mon-Thurs. work-week
- Free uniforms
We are Skill-Loan, a retained recruiting company hired by the best auto repair shops and dealerships to find and refer employees. We have been retained by a dealership or auto repair shop owner to fill this position.
Why work with us? The companies that work with us are the best and most ethical. We also want you to get the job! We help you clean up your resume and make your skills stand out; we coach you through the hiring process and if you don't get it, we help you find another one that may be more suitable for your skills and interests.
Skill-Loan also operates the Mechanics Marketplace website (#removed#), an online real-time temp staffing application that connects automotive professionals to auto repair shops and dealerships looking for temporary help. We encourage you to register for free and start making some extra cash.
Role: Automotive Technician Mechanic
Apply for this job now.