Location: Buxton, SK17 9RZ.
Salary: Competitive, DOE.
Contract: Full time, permanent.
Saica is one of the leading European players in the development and production of recycled paper for corrugated cardboard with a production of 2.5 million tons of paper.
The Company has recently built on its’ success in the paper and corrugated market and diversified into the development and production on Flexible packaging.
With more than 9,000 employees across Spain, France, Italy, Portugal, UK, Ireland, Turkey, Luxembourg and The Netherlands, Saica Group has four business divisions: recycled paper production for corrugated cardboard (PAPER), recyclable materials recovery (NATUR), production of corrugated packaging (PACK) and flexible packaging (FLEX).
The consolidated turnover of the multinational group is over 3.5 billion Euros.
About the role
Reporting to the Warehouse Team Leader, you will be responsible for the safe movement and supply of palletised goods to the production area, loading and unloading of vehicles to site, to ensure we deliver 'best in class’ products to our Customers. To ensure adherence to Health and Safety policies and procedures, BRC Standards and Saica work instructions and procedures. This position operates a 24/7 shift pattern.
• To produce documentation using computerised systems and held hand scanners
• To ensure the efficient supply of raw products to the relevant areas of production
• To deal with incoming and outgoing stock and ensure efficient storage and movement of work in progress
• To ensure that pre-checks on pallet handling equipment are carried out prior to use and that any issues or maintenance requirements are reported
• To ensure Team Leader/process manager is kept informed of any issues as and when they arise.
• To undertake and accurately complete all necessary warehouse/transport paperwork.
• Follow best practice and achieve departmental procedural compliance
• To keep all working area’s clean and tidy and ensure area left fit for following shift
• To strive for continuous improvement in the working practises
• To undertake reasonable requests as directed by the Team leader
What we need from you (including desirable skills, qualifications&experience)
• Demonstrate experience working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment and the capacity to work to demanding deadlines.
• Be keen to learn and have a flexible attitude.
• Have a high level of attention to detail.
• Demonstrate personal accountability and have a 'right first time’ approach.
• Valid and up-to-date FLT licences (Flexi and Counterbalance)
• Previous knowledge of warehouse /stores or similar
• Relevant work experience in a manufacturing role.
• Minimum GCSE level including Maths and English to at least Grade C, or equivalent Qualifications
If you feel you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role then click "Apply" today!