Company: ERIK'S BIKE SHOP INC
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Reports To: Service Manager FLSA Status: Full-Time or Part-Time Non-Exempt
The Service Mechanic is responsible for providing mechanical repairs and maintenance to bicycles and other merchandise of an Erik's Bike Shop retail store.
The primary responsibilities and areas of impact of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Complete repairs and maintenance of bicycles and install accessories in a timely manner.
- Ensure understanding of customers needs and clearly explain any concerns.
- Apply customer service skills to exceed customer's expectations.
- Process parts sales and check in/out bikes following proper procedures.
- Provide feedback to the Service Manager on ideas improve the department.
- Promote Erik's mission, values, and standards.
- Responsible for following all store policies and procedures.
- Maintain a clean work area and assist in keeping the store presentable.
- Continually attend training sessions to enhance mechanical skills and familiarity of products.
- Prior bicycle mechanic or assembly experience.
- Ability to communicate and interact with a diverse population.
- Mechanically inclined and solid problem solving skills.
- Present a strong customer service focus.
- Ability to multitask and work with many customers at one time.
- Knowledge of computers and technology.
- Dedication to get the job done.
- Ability to stand, sit and use hands for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs while utilizing appropriate equipment and safety techniques.
- Exposure to various chemical such as grease and cleaning solutions.
This position profile is a representation of what is required for an employee to succeed. As company needs change, position expectations may change. It is expected that all employees complete any reasonable request that may not be listed in their job description. Employees who feel a request is unreasonable should contact Human Resources.