Senior Frontend Magento Developer/Team Lead
Leeds or Manchester (remote working with visits to either the Leeds or Manchester office a few times a month)
Up to £45k
Forward Role have partnered with an award winning Official Magento Partner who build second to none eCommere stores for merchants across the UK and USA, and they are looking to bring an experienced and established Senior Level Frontend Magento Developer into the team. If you are a Senior Magento Developer looking for the opportunity to take that next step and lead a team within a growing brand who are on a truly exciting journey, then this is for you.
You will be working on active Magento 2 projects, as well as helping to support more Junior members of the team.
As a Team Lead, you will also work alongside the Senior Management team to help progress members of the team, help to shape the future of the frontend development team whilst also actively working on client projects.Role Duties & Responsibilities
What do we need from you?
- Help to drive innovation, delegating work (where applicable) to other mid level / junior members of the team and help to guide them through issues.
- Guiding other developers in the use of tools to establish more efficient working practises
- Writing high quality frontend code inline with best practices on the Magento 2 platform
- Communicating with the project management team to ensure that tasks are well scoped, estimated and delivered.
- Knowledge share; be the 'go to' person across the team and a thought leader - An effective and inspiring communicator internally and externally and transparent in making design and technical decisions
- Help people in non-technical roles understand technical decisions and provide support to juniors ensuring that they are familiar with processes and systems
- Be comfortable leading 121's with your team, helping them to progress and being comfortable providing direction, support and getting the best out of your team.
- Maintain a high standard of work, with a balance of commercial vs. client focus - The ability to proactively give feedback to all team members below and above them
- Working with the project management team to facilitate new work through the agency - assisting in the writing of functional specifications and development of designs through the agency
- Deliver high quality project work and support the evolution of best practice and standards whilst being able an accountable member of the team.
- Lead retrospectives on large projects and team achievements
- Where needed be client facing, responsible for presenting your work, taking feedback and critique and helping to guide our clients to the best solutions.
- Design and deliver visual elements to the highest standard - Manages large or complex projects or tickets autonomously
- Take and understand direction from others - Routinely pair programming / helping other developers rather than specifically implementing code themselves
- Present, explain and justify implementation of client solutions - Be transparent in making design and technical decisions
- Proven experience as a Senior Frontend Magento developer / Team Lead
- Have a minimum of two years' agency experience
- Experiencing carrying out 121's and managing a development team
- A good balance of understanding a client's budget vs the proposed solution
- Keeping well documented, effi