Company: VENTURE SEARCH GROUP
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Our client develops, manufactures and markets specialty ingredients that improve and enhance the health and well-being of life on the planet, providing state-of-the-art solutions and the finest quality products for a range of industries worldwide. Their corporate headquarters is located in New Hampton, New York, (Hudson Valley area) and we have a broad network of sales offices, manufacturing sites, and R&D centers, primarily located in the US and Europe. Founded in 1967, they are a publicly traded company (NASDAQ BCPC) with annual revenues over $640 million and a market cap exceeding $3.0 billion. The company consists of three business segments: Human Nutrition & Health; Animal Nutrition & Health; and Specialty Products. They employ over 1,400 people worldwide who are engaged in diverse activities, committed to developing the company into global market leadership positions.
TERRITORY WILL COVER SOUTHERN US. IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL RESIDE IN SOUTH SUCH AS DALLAS TX OR HOUSTON TX
Increase profitable sales in assigned territory by developing current and prospect accounts into commercial sales emphasizing the expansion of specialty food and beverage as well as health & nutrition oriented accounts. Develops sales opportunities and services customer accounts in assigned territory. Maintains relationships with all levels at assigned customer accounts. Assesses customer product needs and requirements and achieves budgeted sales levels. Protects existing account base and introduces and promotes new products to attract new business. Provides feedback to marketing, applications, product development, and business units on sales and product trends and customer preferences. Remains current in necessary training programs according to the official company training matrix.
- Plans, schedules, and makes regular face-to-face sales calls to assigned accounts and territory prospects. Arranges meetings for various company professionals to provide multi-level support and relationships. Communicates results of sales calls via timely call reports via Salesforce.com.
- Develops sales strategies and sales budgets for territory and assigned accounts. Regularly reviews and provides status reports on progress against sales budget.
- Communicates and maintains accurate customer forecasts for product usage.
- Coordinates sales efforts to ensure effective sales service, customer relations, and administrative needs. Investigates customer complaints and assures prompt, effective solutions. Responds to customer inquiries for samples, technical data, and support. Responds to customer inquiries on the use and application of products.
- Obtains and reports marketing data for successful achievement of business objectives and strategies. Monitors trends, competitive activity, product development, and market penetration. Recommends course of action to prevent loss of existing business.
- Daily contact with customers and monitoring of competitive activity in assigned territory.
- Independently identifies customer needs and works closely with Marketing, Product Development, Business Unit Management and other staff to deliver marketable products in concert with customer needs. Makes decisions on products to demonstrate to customers. Receives limited supervision and direction on territory management.
- Continuous search for new potential accounts as a means for increasing sales in assigned territory (including cold calls to potential customers).
- Follows all safety policies and procedures including use of safety equipment (PPE) and equipment safeguards.
- Must comply with all policies and procedures of the corporation
- Perform other duties as required.
- BA degree required. Prefer degree in food science, chemistry, or other related field.
- Must have 7+ years of hands-on collaborative sales experience involving food ingredients.
- The ideal candidate will have strong insights on the North America food, and beverage market and has developed a strong network of regional contacts.
- Knowledge of nutritional ingredients and the nutritional products market is strongly preferred.
- Displays a passion for nutrition and general wellness.
- Must have polished customer relations and sales skills.
- Ability to coordinate the efforts of company and customer teams and establish strong working relationships.
- Excellent follow-up and organizational skills. All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions.
- Travel requirement up to 50%.
- All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently.