Position Objective: Assumes responsibility for assembling, installing, and repairing pipes, fittings, and fixtures of heating, water, and drainage systems according to specifications and welding or plumbing codes. Assists area staff as required responds to special requests and keeps management well informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
Job Tasks for Welder / Fitter: Lays out, positions, and secures parts and assemblies according to specifications, using a straightedge, combination square, calipers, and ruler.
· Tack-welds or welds components and assemblies, using electric, gas, arc, or other welding equipment.
· Removes rough spots from the workpiece, using a portable grinder, hand file, or scraper.
· Welds components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
· Heats, forms, and dresses metal parts, using hand tools, torch, or arc welding equipment.
· Ignites torch and adjusts valves, amperage, or voltage to obtain desired flame or arc.
· Develops templates and other work aids to hold and align parts.
· Has a general understanding of contract and coordination drawings for layout purposes
· Must have a 6G pipe welding certification
· Primarily uses stick welding 60-10 and 70-18.
· Need to be able to certify in 6G position.
· Must have a minimum of 3 years pipe welding experience
Role: Welder/ Pipe Fitter
Apply for this job now.