JOB SUMMARY: The NextGen EHR Administrator is responsible for resolving NextGen tickets and projects while providing high quality customer service, properly documenting and timely communication of ticket/project status'/needs and collaborating with numerous departments to ensure timely resolution as well as building relationships that facilitate Member confidence in OSIS and the organization's team members.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: The responsibilities listed are fundamental to the position and must be performed successfully to achieve the key performance objectives of the role. Other responsibilities may be assigned.
- Builds and maintains Member and internal relationships to drive mutually beneficial solutions and drive positive Member experiences; acts as onsite subject matter expert/consultant and OSIS Member liaison.
- Conducts onsite and/or remote NextGen training.
- Receives escalated tickets; resolves or escalates tickets based on Member, Member need and application issues; communicates NextGen updates that need completed to resolve Member issues with other internal resources as needed.
- Maintains up-to-date and accurate ticket status and documentation; for projects and escalated tickets.
- Escalates Member issues, when appropriate, and clearly communicates steps taken, future steps and Member needs in ticket to ensure a smooth transition between internal teams.
- Responsible for follow-up on assigned Member projects; subject matter expert lead, participates in Member on-boarding meetings, workflow analysis, project conference calls, NextGen build, remote and onsite training; acts as subject matter expert to Members and other internal teams; evaluates feasibility of Member requests.
- Develops NextGen template customizations and System/Practice template configuration.
- Assists in educating internal and external teams of NextGen capabilities and feasibility.
- Lead/conduct/participate on regular Member calls as assigned for post go live Members to ensure Member compliance with new technologies, regulation and policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, scanners, copy machines and filing cabinets.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some standing is required. This would require the ability to stand for long periods of time as necessary while conducting onsite training.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- This position requires 25 - 50% travel.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in a healthcare or related field or 5+ years' experience with the NextGen software product.
- 2+ years of training and support experience of an EHR for clinical staff including providers.
- NextGen software experience.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- NextGen EHR certification.
- NextGen EHR CHC/FQHC set up/workflow experience.
- Direct clinical operations experience.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be NextGen Certified (NCP) or receive certification within 6 months of hire.
- Must maintain NCP certification.
TELECOMMUTING AND TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
This position is considered a remote position with full telecommuting privileges.
- Cable or Fiber Internet Service
- Download speed of 20Mbps or higher
- Upload speed of 5Mbps or higher
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.