Our client are a leading commercial fit-out and construction company that are made up of a team of highly experienced and qualified staff in all areas of the project management, construction and commercial fit out sector. With over thirty years of experience they believe their staff are at the heart of their business and pride themselves in consistently delivering a service that goes above and beyond their clients expectations.
They are looking for a highly motivated Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their team to drive momentum into all aspects of their current portfolio. They are seeking someone with at least 4 years' quantity surveying experience who has strong financial nous, solid construction knowledge, and the aptitude to build dynamic client relationships.
$120,000 - $140,000 per annum
Benefits include: Laptop + phone + fuel card + yearly appraisal + cars onsite to be used
Duties will include:
- Study architects' and engineers' building plans, specifications, service documentation, and any other tender and construction documents
- Estimating, tendering, and quoting for contracts on a timely basis, ensuring deadlines are met.
- Prepare schedule of quantities used in the tendering process and/or other means in the measuring and estimating of material and labour costs.
- Prepare reports before and during building projects showing costs and giving insight to financial tracking of projects, with direct reporting to Commercial Manger.
- Visit building sites to monitor progress, including regular finance tracking.
- Provide commercial support to the project team, maintaining commercial information and ensuring compliance with contractual requirements.
- Negotiate positive financial outcomes for the business where necessary in the tendering and execution of projects.
- Contract administration, including the timely billing of clients (and collection of monies due), dealing with material/subcontractor requirements, management of variations and ensuring final accounts are rendered on a timely basis. Subcontractor variation analysis; payment processes; subcontractor quotation reviews and analysis pre-construction.
- Have a sound understanding of contractual requirements for each project, including review and assessment of special conditions of contract.
- Ensure the successful development and management of project life cycle costs and optimising project budgets.
- Liaise with clients, contractors, and staff to ensure effective management and communication of financial aspects of project delivery.
- Proactively seek to follow and understand 'best practice' with regard to quantity surveying procedures, processes and policy.
- Provide support to Commercial Manger on initiatives relative the business plan where necessary, along with supporting the Commercial Manger with the current Quantity Surveying team.
If this sounds like a great opportunity for you, please contact Claudia directly or apply via the advert.