The North American subsidiary of a European parent, world leader in plate and structural steel fabrication machine tools, is currently seeking a Field Service Technician.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Field Service Technician
Reports to: Field Service Manager
The role of the Field Service Technician is to provide professional service and support for Ficep Corporation customers by performing field service installation, startup, repairs, and maintenance of Ficep equipment. The Field Service Technician will work within guidelines, established by the Field Service Manager, and will follow the established procedures when representing Ficep Corporation.
Typical duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
Installation – technical consultation and installation assistance to on-site personnel or contractors.
Startup – Customer pre-consultation, site readiness preparation, startup monitoring, assist and train.
Equipment Maintenance – perform routine maintenance on equipment.
Repairs – repairing machines and systems, including rebuilds.
Troubleshooting – determine causes of operating errors and taking action to remedy the problem.
Equipment Selection – determining correct tools and equipment required to perform the job.
Record Activity – complete service reports, record repairs, warranty and maintenance performed.
Travel Road Warrior – up to (100%) to U.S.
Responsible for installation expertise, calibrating, configuring, testing, maintaining, evaluating, and troubleshooting, pre-commissioning, commissioning and repair as necessary to Ficep equipment.
- Experience in the mechatronics field preferred
- "Hands on" experience with Electro-Mechanical systems including pneumatics, hydraulics, AC / DC motor control, PLC’s, VFD’s, and pump systems.
- Perform scheduled and un-scheduled maintenance of equipment and associated equipment.
- Provide installation expertise at customer sites, as well as conducting pre-installation assistance.
- Read, and review blueprints, plans, specifications, and other documentation to prepare for startup or service.
- Responsible for on-site training of customer personnel to Ficep standards on proper operation of their equipment.
- Build customer relationships on a professional manner through solution-oriented communications and service, providing both on-site and telephone support.
- Work with engineering, project management, spare parts, and management groups to resolve escalated problems.
- Provide written service & expense reports to the Field Service Manager on all activities carried out on site and complete all required documentation in a timely manner.
- Properly document, label, and return all defective parts resulting from repair.
- Make technical recommendations to maintenance technicians and / or plant operators.
- Work closely, with the Field Service Manager to ensure site work is carried out in the required order, for completion by the required timeline.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices, and procedures at all times. Develop and maintain safe habits and practices with regard to safety requirements on site, in the manufacturing facility, and report any breaches or concerns on health and safety matters to the customer and Field Service Manager.
- Ensure all materials, tools, and equipment provided to you is kept safe, and secure.
- Assist with the parts department with the recommended spare parts to new and existing customers.
- Provide technical support to other Field Service Technicians.
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to work overtime, and weekends.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Must be computer literate for creation of reports.
- Must be able to use a smartphone and monitor email multiple times a day.
Education and Skills:
- Welding skills required and the ability to drive a forklift, as well as the ability to acquire further certifications as needed.
- Participate in training opportunities as determined by the company
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Machinery demonstration and operating skills a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication, and report to the Field Service Manager routinely.
The characteristics described below are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this position. While performing duties of this job, you would occasionally be required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop or kneel, talk and hear, and use fingers and hands to feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time on an airplane or in an auto to reach job destinations.
- Must be able to have manual dexterity to operate equipment and tools required on the job.
- Must be able to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine to exact positions.
- Must be able to respond quickly (with the hand, finger, or foot) to a signal (sound, light, picture) when it appears.
- Must occasionally lift / move up to 50 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, depth perceptions, and ability to adjust focus.
Jobs will generally be performed on customer site, typically at an industrial factory.
- Travel is typically by plane or car.
- Manufacturing facilities generally contain dust, metal debris, and other airborne particles.
- Ficep employees are required to wear steel toe boots, safety glasses, and work gloves. Ear plugs and hard hat may be required as well.
- Travel and work is performed under a variety of weather extremes, from outdoors / indoors, to hot and cold.
World leading manufacturer / distributor of structural steel fabrication CNC machines and automated systems.
Role: Field Service Technician
Apply for this job now.