This position requires Automotive Manufacturing Experience and Permanent United States Citizenship for consideration. The Quality Engineer position is for the 2nd Shift.
Quality Engineer Job Summary:
The Quality Engineer is comfortable working in a fast-paced global environment and adept at taking on multiple roles to meet the business needs. These responsibilities include developing and strengthening Customer relationships. The candidate will own key elements for the development, review, monitoring, and improvement activities directly related to end-Customer requirements; and will ensure that all requirements are established, documented, communicated, and maintained in compliance. Be the "Voice of the Customer," through all levels of our organization, demanding the highest quality.
- Lead all product development pre through post launch activities to ensure flawless execution of all phases of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP); initiation to final approval.
- Partner with end-Customer sourcing, design, manufacturing, logistics, and quality functions for new model launch readiness.
- Interface with Process and Product Technology Team regularly to ensure smooth transition from conception to production of automotive products.
- Participate in internal and external evaluations for tooling, tolling, stamping and assembly trials as required.
- Review and translate end-Customer requirements and information regarding material, testing and inspection, packaging and labeling, and paperwork and shipping detail, design change, process change, and quality system requirements, etc., to Inside Sales, Supply Chain, Procurement (Metal, Non-Metal, and Logistics) Material, and Technology and Quality teams from initiation through implementation.
- Create and facilitate necessary action plans on process and product end-Customer expectations, build events, validation, verification activities, execution and timing, status updates, etc., for new and existing products. This includes presenting information to all levels of our end-Customers' organization and internally throughout our organization to ensure end-Customer requirements drive business priorities.
- Facilitate use of appropriate problem solving techniques for effective root cause analysis and successful corrective action to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
- Support Tier 1 and OEM end-Customer warehouses and manufacturing locations for obsolescence avoidance, rework planning, control and containment of trial, production, and service parts.
- Conduct periodic audits of the automotive value stream from raw material receipt through Tier 1 and OEM Customer receipt of finished product to confirm adequacy and stability of processes and ensure compliance with all end-Customer requirements.
Please review your application/resume to ensure that you have included a detailed resume. If you use Easy or Quick Apply, a detailed resume is not included.
Quality Engineer Requirements Include:
- BS in Engineering/Science Discipline preferred, with a minimum of 2 years of experience with automotive manufacturing.
- Comprehensive knowledge and proven application of Automotive Industry requirements APQP, PPAP, FMEA, Control Plans, MSA, and SPC.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States (does not require visa sponsorship for employment now or in the future)
- Full knowledge and demonstrated use of Quality tools; i.e. 8D, PPS, DMAIC, PDCA, A3, 5S, Value Stream and Cause Mapping, Visual Management, etc.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
- Excellent proven organization and time management skills.
- Experience conducting product and process audits, domestic and foreign.
- Basic knowledge of metallurgy is a plus.
- General knowledge of welding, forming, bonding, machining, and surface treatments; especially in automotive manufacturing is a plus.
Salary $55,000 - $65,000 a year, no relocation will be provided.
Recruiting Specialists for the Manufacturing, Operations, and Engineering Industries.
Arthur Wright & Associates is a employee recruitment firm / headhunter that specializes in placing candidates within the manufacturing, operations, and engineering industries.
We connect manufacturing, engineering, and industrial companies with top talent quickly, confidentially, professionally and with commitment.
Role: 2nd Shift Quality Engineer
Apply for this job now.