Company: INTEGRATED PAIN MANAGEMENT MEDICAL GROUP, INC.
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Integrated Pain Management (IPM) offers a full complement of pain therapies, from highly specialized treatments, to the most sophisticated interdisciplinary pathways and programs. We address one of the most complex and challenging problems in our society, chronic pain. Our center is committed to providing the highest level of patient service. From its inception, our clinicians have placed an emphasis on providing medical services that make sense from the patients' perspective. IPM has disseminated its expertise in pain management by increasing its sphere of influence through geographic expansion and education through publications, lectures and teaching. Our rehabilitation programs for chronic pain sufferers set the standard in holistic approaches for managing chronic pain.
The New Patient Intake Coordinator prepares incoming referrals for scheduling. Enters data into Electronic Health Record (EHR); verifies that patients and IPM providers are authorized for treatment. Schedules new patients and maintain physician schedules. Directs calls to appropriate departments. Assignments as required to ensure smooth department work flow for all department functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Process incoming patient referrals: create patient charts; communicate with adjusters and applicant attorneys; create cases; enter authorized body parts.
- Become familiar with the California Worker's Comp Labor Code.
- Enter data and information in the desired database locations.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding patients' personal information.
- Coordinate between adjusters and applicant attorneys to gain authorization for our doctors to treat patients.
- Maintain the Referral Tracker system that coordinates new patient processing and scheduling.
- Proper analysis and verification to endure data integrity.
- Completion of the required tasks within the desired deadline.
- Maintain positive relationships with applicant attorneys and insurance adjusters.
- Responsible for answering all calls and routing the lines to appropriate departments, included but not limited to responding to attorney, adjuster, provider, or patient questions regarding patient authorizations.
- Make improvements to the process by using data driven insights and lean methodologies.
- Documents changes to processes.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
- Ability to multi task
- Ability to follow directives
- Excellent customer service
- Professional demeanor and appearance
- Efficient with time management
- Previous experience working in a medical setting
- Customer Service: manages difficult or emotional patient situations; respond promptly to adjuster, attorney, patient, and provider needs; meets commitments.
- Problem Solving: identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develop alternative solutions.
- Previous experience with EMR/EHR systems is desirable
- High school diploma or GED
We offer generous medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits. In addition, we offer paid time off, 401(k) with employer matching, holiday pay, and a competitive salary. This position is subject to a pre-employment drug screen and satisfactory completion of a background check.
IPM strives to be a diverse workforce that reflects, at all job levels, the patients we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer.