1) OUTCOME: Provide associate and organizational support
· Respond to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs
· Promote collaboration and positive communication across different levels of the organization
· Assist in the diagnoses of organization/employee relation issues; document investigations
· Assist in addressing employee concerns / employee relations in a timely manner
· Participate in the development and implementation of metric goals, objectives, and systems; develop and report on business metrics to review performance
· Manage and mediate employee relations and corrective actions; provide constructive and developmental feedback and coaching
· Work with managers to create, implement, and improve staff and department services
· Advise Managers in resolution options of employee relations issues and other matters
2) OUTCOME: Support Culture Initiatives and Strategy through the development and enhancement of associate engagement, community involvement, and management of internal HR communications
· Provide additional assistance to employee engagement programs, events, and activities: holiday parties, team building functions, wellness activities, community events, etc.
· Increase employee engagement through company-sponsored activities
· Support Employee-Run committees such as “Impact Team”, “Wellness Team”, and “Green Team” as needed including acting as point of contact for volunteer / non-profit opportunities
· Assist with the creation of internal communications involving HR and company-wide information, including internal associate TV updates, company directory information, etc.
3) OUTCOME: Support the acquisition and development of “A” players
· Perform recruiting efforts for hourly personnel at the MI location and assist in efficiently filling open warehouse positions with strong talent
· Timely and efficiently on-board and conduct new associate orientations and follow up communications
· Communicate with staffing agencies to meet temporary staffing needs in a timely manner
· Support onboarding and retention initiatives including committee participation and leading implementation of new policies, procedures, and ongoing processes
4) OUTCOME: Help to ensure employee training and development is fully implemented and completed by deadlines
· Assist in performance management training, coaching, and development for employees at all levels of the organization
· Manage performance evaluations for MI by ensuring timely completion and managing records through the company’s HRIS
· Support the development of individual training paths for MI and monitor/administer training programs to ensure timely execution
5) OUTCOME: Ensure HR policy and employment law activities are at 100% compliance
· Assist in the development, deployment, and administration of company personnel policies and procedures
· Assist in maintaining compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment
· Responsible for tracking and documenting all activities and employee records through HRIS, company software, and Excel: training tracking, attendance tracking, purchase orders, FMLA
· Perform other HR Generalist and related duties as required and assigned
· Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field required
· 3-5 years’ progressive HR experience in a manufacturing or warehouse environment preferred
· Strong written and verbal communication skills required
· Strong Microsoft skills: Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.
· Experience with all phases of HR crucial: Staffing, Benefits Administration, Training & Development, Policy writing and development, Records Management, Compliance
Kem Krest is a leading provider of Total Program Management through Supply Chain, Fulfillment and Aftersales Solutions.
We have annual sales of more than $500 million and 30 years of experience servicing OEM customers in the Auto, Ag/Industrial, Power Sports and Defense industries. Key customers include: General Motors, Ford, Nissan, Hyundai, John Deere, Caterpillar, Case New Holland, General Dynamics and AM General among many others.
Kem Krest has 12 locations in the US and Canada - Elkhart IN, Bristol IN, Brighton MI, Fowlerville MI, Pleasant Prairie WI, Phoenix AZ, Las Vegas, NV, Oakville, Ontario, Canada and Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. We are ISO 9001: 2008 certified and have received the 2011 Inc. 5000 and 2011 Indiana Businesses to Watch awards and GM Supplier of the Year for 2012 and 2014. As a minority owned business, Kem Krest is a Corporate Plus Member with the National Minority Supplier Development Council.
Our employees are key to the company's success and vital to its promise - "Customer Focused, Solutions Driven." Our culture supports rapid growth and excellence in Total Program Management.
Role: Sr. HR Generalist
Apply for this job now.