This position will be responsible for…..
- Responsible for maintaining the interior of the warehouse. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring that the walls, columns, stairs, racks, etc. are kept in good repair.
- Ensure interior lighting is kept in good working order and performing necessary routine checks on emergency lighting.
- Ensure proper and regular preventive maintenance is performed in a timely manner. This includes, but is not limited to, air compressor systems, heating and air conditioning systems, fire & burglar alarms systems, wrap machines, compactor, baler, trailer dock locks, dock doors, trailer chocks, floor scrubber, and battery area.
- Responsible for the upkeep and repair of all facility equipment and machinery, understanding when outside assistance is required. Also included will be ensuring all calibrations are performed as required and maintain appropriate record keeping.
- Responsible for maintaining the exterior of the facility.
You might be a great fit if….
- High School diploma or equivalent required and 0-2 years of relevant experience.
- Basic understand of Microsoft Office applications.
- Background in Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) and electrical is highly preferred.
- Experience in warehousing, warehouse supply purchasing and equipment maintenance is preferred.
- Material Handling Equipment (MHE) maintenance and repair experience a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer service driven.
- Strong team player.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 10 hours per day.
- Ability to intermittently crawl, squat, climb, twist, bend, stoop, push or pull.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift/carry items less than 25 pounds.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
Role: Maintenance Worker
Apply for this job now.