Company: SPECTRUM MANAGEMENT
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Job Title: Building Engineer (DC 3rd Class)
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Spectrum Management, LLC has been serving the Washington, DC metropolitan area for over 20 years and provides a comprehensive array of services that include construction management, facilities management and real estate development services. Spectrum Management is currently seeking Building Engineers for several sites to observe and interpret readings on gauges, meters and charts and adjust controls/equipment to ensure safe and efficient operation of the building systems.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs troubleshooting, repair and preventative maintenance of energy management and electrical systems.
- Provides monitoring of facility operating systems using available Building Automation Systems.
- Conducts tours of the Building observing and correcting system operations.
- Performs weekend DC 3rd Class Building Engineer Check per code.
- Supervises/directs building engineering/maintenance staff.
- Maintain Mechanical/Electrical rooms and associated equipment in a clean/orderly condition.
- Executes testing of life systems, emergency power systems water treatment, elevators and other systems as required.
- Executes the quality assurance program that directs and controls quality, training, safety, and in particular continuous quality improvement.
- Identifies areas of possible process failures before they happen, if failures do occur, initiates immediate corrective action and long-term solutions.
- Operates, monitors, maintains and repairs the facility's HVAC, steam, chilled water, sanitary-domestic water.
- Addresses current environmental issues and concerns relating to IAQ, UST, lead, radon, asbestos, and Legionella prevention.
- Performs variable air volume boxes repair and preventative maintenance.
- HVAC unit trouble shooting repairs, minor air and water balancing, refrigerant recovery using refrigerant gauges, refrigerant system trouble shooting.
- Performs Quality Control inspections of all systems.
- Performs Preventative Maintenance and service calls as required during shift.
- Acts as senior representative at the Building(s) during respective after-hours shift.
- Cross-trained to operate and maintain one or more systems, which provide the facility's heat, air-conditioning (cool, humidify, dehumidify, filter, and circulate air), refrigeration, steam or high-temperature water and electricity.
- Performs air volume/exhaust surveys and readings and assists with system-wide air balancing.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The Building Engineer position may require supervisory duties based on site staffing needs.QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Valid DC 3rd Class Engineers License Required.
- CFC License preferred.
- 5+ years of experience operating in a facility with similar characteristics and job functions.
- Experience supervising an engineering/maintenance staff of three (3) or more a plus.
- Knowledge of pneumatic/DDC control system application and calibration, and operational requirements of HVAC systems.
- Ability to prioritize work requests and orders according to departmental needs.
- Ability to work well with your hands and think quickly in emergency situations.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Working understanding of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work with large amounts of data.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proactive approach to problem solving.
- Flexibility in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability and willingness to follow instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of individuals representing diverse cultures and backgrounds and function calmly in stressful situations, which require a high degree of sensitivity, tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to assess the customer's immediate needs and ensure customer's receipt of needed services through personal service or making appropriate referral.
- Ability to provide prompt, efficient and responsive service.
- Ability to exercise appropriate judgment in answering questions and releasing information; analyze and project consequences of decisions and/or recommendations.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Tasks involve physical effort, i.e. frequent standing and walking, or frequent light lifting (up to 50 lb.); manual dexterity in the use of fingers, limbs, or body in the operation of and equipment. Occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel or crawl. Tasks may involve extended periods of time while standing.
- Extended period of standing or walking.
- Task requires:
- Sound perception and discrimination
- Visual perception and discrimination
- Oral communications ability.
- The job will require up to 25% regional travel.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to HR@smusa.us
Spectrum Management is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Powered by JazzHR