Company: LAWES CONSULTING GROUP
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 per annum
Job Title:Claims Leader - Commercial Insurance
Location: SurreyPackage: Up to £40k, depending on experienceJob Type: Permanent
A market leading claim service to all customers, both internal and external. As a Claims Leader you will be expected to not only lead your team within your own specific line of business but also be an advocate of the wider Claims philosophy and ensure that your conduct and behaviour always represents the Claims Department in the best possible light.
- Assist clients with the presentation of their insurance claims
- Demonstrate a superior level of technical claims knowledge in relevant classes of business
- Negotiate and obtain the optimum settlement of claims, liaising with claimants, insurers and loss adjusters, as necessary
- Actively pursue insurers or their suppliers to ensure early policy coverage agreement leading to swift claim resolution.
- Proactively manage a portfolio of claims to ensure that these are resolved as quickly as possible and managed to the very highest technical standard
- Escalate matters as required within Insurers and/or their suppliers in a timely way to ensure that an early and satisfactory solution is found for clients. Recognising the need to escalate to the Claims Relationship Manager where appropriate
- Carry out all activities in the most efficient and cost-effective manner without compromising on quality or client satisfaction
- Demonstrate the ability to keep own work clearly prioritised and actioned within service standard commitments
- Demonstrate the ability to actively support the broader Claims team to deliver on the collective service standard commitments
- Drive Insurers/Suppliers to deliver on their service standard commitments
- Recognise urgent matters and prioritise and action them appropriately
- Escalate, by way of referral, all claims outside of your personal authority, any complaints or suggestions that the organisation has failed to deliver an effective service or any other matter where support is required.
- Provide mentoring and support to less experienced members of staff
- Comply with regulatory requirements, industry codes of practice and the Company's own procedures and rules
- Ensure that any clients with whom you deal are treated fairly at all times
- Be aware of and manage any potential conflict of interest - escalate to line manager
- Escalate any complaints to Claims Director/Assistant Claims Director and/or Compliance Director and complete complaints information on Acturis once instructed to do so
- Complete Broker Assess annually
- Provide workflow information to Assistant Claims Director on a weekly basis in line with current requirements
- Undergo training in line with agreed objectives and training development plan
- Maintain and develop personal knowledge and skills through Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Identify any new training requirements and highlight them to your line manager and/or training co-ordinator as appropriate.
- Manage and control the workloads within your team to ensure appropriate allocation of work based on relevant expertise to ensure that minimum standards are met
- Be available to your team as a referral point, mentor and guide on all relevant work-related matters.
- Be a positive role model for your team, the Claims Department and in general
- Be an advocate for change
- Support the Claims Department philosophy and positively promote this to both internal and external customers
- Ensure that there is appropriate cover within your Claims team to meet customer need and also work with other Claims Leaders to ensure adequate cover across all teams
- Facilitate regular training for self and team to ensure that levels of claim handling quality are maintained
- Identify any performance issues within the team and work with Claims Director/Assistant Claims Director and HR as appropriate to resolve
- Have regular Claims team meetings within your own Line of Business (once per month as a minimum)
- Have regular informal one to ones with your team members (once per month as a minimum)
- Undertake quarterly Connections Meetings with all team members (or as otherwise directed by the business
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with clients, colleagues, insurers and other suppliers
- Immediately advise your Manager of any problem, issue or request which falls outside your authority, level of experien