Staff Nurse - Community
Full time permanent contract
Grade: Band 5
Salary: £24,907 per annum (excluding London weighting)
Pulse is delighted to be working within the NHS London Consortium to recruit community nurses to join several trusts across London. Interviews are available and ongoing, we look forward to welcoming successful nurses in 2021.
As a Community Staff Nurse, you will be a Registered Nurse (RN12-NMC) responsible for patients allocated to them and will assess, manage, plan, and deliver care, including being professionally and legally accountable. You will have a commitment to collaborative working and actively support and liaise with other health and social care professionals and agencies. To be a valuable member of the district nurse team and contribute to patient care and team.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Undertake assessment, planning, implementation evaluation and discharge of patients, with the understanding that there should be communication with the District Nurse immediately, if concerns arise.
- Nurse patients in their own homes and other community settings, assisting and empowering patients towards self-care where appropriate.
- Be part of the continual assessment of care needs and report any concerns to the Team Leader or report/ liaise with other multi-disciplinary members as relevant.
- Demonstrate, teach, and supervise nursing care that families can safely undertake, advising and giving support as necessary.
- Provide health education and health promotion to patients, their carers and families, giving advice on prevention of illness and accidents.
Skills and experience:
- NMC registration as a community nurse/registration in progress (Essential).
- Evidence of current IELTS/OET pass or relevant English Language exemption (Essential).
- Effective communication with patients, families, carers and colleagues (Essential).
- Good interpersonal skills (Essential).
- Previous Experience working as a community nurse in own country (Essential).
- Certificate of Sponsorship
- Tier 2 Visa (valid for 3 years in line with Certificate of Sponsorship)
- Salary advance/cash loan*
- OSCE Training and Exam
- Flight to the UK
- Accommodation support*
If you are interested in this role, please contact the team on [... Click Apply...]for more information. If this position is not right for you but you know a friend or colleague that may be interested, you can earn up to £250* voucher for successful referring them.