My Kettering based client is recruiting an Accounts & Stock Control Clerk on a permanent basis. The ideal applicant will have experience working in a purchase ledger and stock control environment and you must be able to work under your own initiative both independently and as part of a team. A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail is required along with flexibility to meet the changing needs of the business.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a purchase ledger and stock control environment.
- Numerate and literate with good analytical skills.
- Strong communication and organisational skills.
- Excellent computer skills in particular Microsoft Excel (V Look up/Pivot tables etc)
- Minimum 6 GCSE including Maths & English to grade C.
- Preference will be given to candidates with A levels or a degree
Duties will include:-
- Manage and ensure goods are received in good order and placed in the correct holding area.
- Timely matching of invoices to GRN's to accurately record costs.
- Enter all supplier invoices daily and close orders.
- Manage and resolve any supplier queries or order anomalies relating to price and quantity variances.
- Check off supplier statements as they come in and chase for any missing invoices.
- Process timely supplier payment runs in sterling and foreign currency.
- Ensure stock management systems and procedures are maintained and managed accurately, and in a timely manner.
- Responsibility for purchasing and the "in-stock" levels within agreed parameters and budgets.
- Immediately alert Sales and Marketing Manager when a level is exceeded or decreased sufficiently to cause customer dissatisfaction.
- Maintain a process for returns. Manage a defined area in the storeroom for returns/credits.
- Identify and report old, damaged and un-saleable goods.
- Ensure credits for returns to suppliers are received in a timely manner.
- Complete all necessary stock takes in a timely manner.
- Stock rotation ensuring all printers and hardware with warranty move quickly. FIFO on all products including labels and ribbons.
- Maintain the storeroom and the allocation of space for stock.
- Ensure the storeroom and stock methods meet ISO standards and regulations.
- Make improvements that will result in reduced stock levels, shorter lead times and lower cost of sales.
- Compile monthly stock and cost of sales reports. KPI - stock turnover (The cost of goods sold in the month divided by the average stock level during the period = stock turnover)
If this sounds like you, email your CV now.
Role: Accounts & Stock Control Clerk
Apply for this job now.