Midsize law firm with a multiarea practice with offices in Tracy and Pleasanton has an opening for a full-time experienced family law paralegal to join our firm in Tracy, CA. The Paralegal position involves exercising strong technical competence and organizational skills. Position may require one day a week in Pleasanton office.
As the family law paralegal, you will be an integral aspect of the family law division. You will keep the attorney's calendar by organizing court appearances, scheduling consultations, and other meetings. You will keep the clients informed of the progress on their cases. You will organize and track all incoming documents related to the family law cases, including sorting and organizing mail. You will draft letters, judicial council forms and memorandums for the attorney. You will also be responsible for communicating with potential clients, answering online inquires and running conflict checks. Additionally, you will be responsible for billing the clients, ensuring that their accounts are up to date and collecting funds from the client. Occasional driving may be required.
• Must have a paralegal certificate
• 1-3 years paralegal experience as a family law paralegal preferred
• Proficient with Microsoft Office
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Knowledge of Word/Excel/Outlook
• Knowledge of Google Drive and Google Calendar
• Knowledge of Essential Forms preferred
• Knowledge of Local Rules for surrounding counties preferred.
• Paralegal support for multiple attorneys
• Must have excellent personal skills, including experience meeting and communicating, in person, as well as orally and in writing, with clients, opposing counsel, experts and vendors.
• Accuracy of work product. Ability to complete tasks assigned in a timely fashion. Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure at times. Organize documents and coordinate document productions.
• Ability to assist attorneys with propounding and responding to discovery (interrogatories, requests for admissions, and request for production, subpoenas) and motions (preparation of any supporting documents and exhibits)
• Review, organize and summarize records and deposition transcripts.
• Ability to manage documents for clients.
• Ability to prepare family law documents, including Petitions, Property Disclosures, and Judgments.
• Must have experience calendaring discovery and litigation deadlines and depositions.
• Ability to stay on top of projects without daily oversight of tasks.
• Must have accounting skills, including bookkeeping, accepting payments, tracking client accounts, and collections.
Seeking applicants with friendly, capable, and professional attitude--a self-starter with a willingness to work as a team player. Must be able to work full-time Monday through Friday (8:30 - 5:30).
Job Type: Full-time
• paralegal: 1-3 years
• Paralegal's Certificate
Salary commensurate with experience.
Role: Family Law Paralegal
Apply for this job now.