Sutton Contracting is looking for candidates with a strong interest and aptitude in residential construction. The ideal applicant must be hard working, self-motivated, reliable and capable of maintaining a positive attitude. Applicants must be able to safely climb extension ladders, capable to work outside in high temperatures and comfortable using construction tools (hammers, drills, saws, ext.). On-site technical and safety training will be provided, so candidates are not required to have construction experience. Sutton Contracting will supply all equipment and materials needed to perform job-site tasks. Applicants should be detail oriented, mechanically inclined, and interested in working in a hands-on environment. Sutton Contracting offers successful employees the opportunity for substantial growth within the company.
Qualified candidate must have a current/valid driver’s license issued in the state of Florida and a clean driving record (no major violations within the past 36 months). This position may require driving a small/medium truck or van. A DOT Medical Card or CDL is not required, but it is a plus.
Sutton Contracting has grown into a mid-sized construction services company, focusing on siding, house wrap, waterproofing and flashing throughout Florida. We work with over 25 residential and commercial builders covering markets throughout Florida and surrounding regions. Over the last 13 years we have developed lasting relationships with building partners by offering the highest standard of quality, safety and professional service.
Job duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Installation of Hardie siding and house wrap (air and water barriers) onto residential envelopes (walls and roofing). The standard house wrap, also referred to as Tyvek, is a weather barrier that has an appearance comparable to paper. The house wrap is fastened to the exterior framing/structure of a residential property to protect the structure from ambient conditions.
- Driving (between warehouse and job sites)
- Sutton Contracting has a fleet of over 20+ vehicles, which are the typical means of transportation from the company warehouses to job sites
- Capable of lifting items over 50lbs
- Help maintain tools logs and hardware/material logs
- Working in a safe and professional manner
- Maintain a standard level of professionalism among pears and clients
- Support a safe and clean work environment
- Follow all company processes and procedures
- Applicant must have a means of transportation to and from work
- DOT Medical Card is a plus
- CDL or Class A license is a plus
- Create and maintain required efficiency standards throughout all processes
- Accomplishes all responsibilities by effective planning and execution from all teammates within departments ensuring the utmost possible quality and safety
- Continuous learning
- Ensure the overall project and company goals are achieved
- Daily Interactions with team to help support and strengthen team engagement
- Willingness to participate in and pass a background check
- Willingness to participate in and pass a drug test
Job Type: Full-time
- Residential Construction: 1 year
- Construction: 2 years
- High school or equivalent
- DOT Medical Exam
Required work authorization:
Sutton Contracting is looking for residential construction workers and foreman in the Tampa, Naples, and Orlando area. Sutton Contracting is a mid-sized construction services company, focusing on house wrap, waterproofing and flashing throughout Florida. We work with over 25 residential and commercial builders covering markets throughout Florida and surrounding regions. Over the last 13 years we have developed lasting relationships with building partners by offering the highest standard of quality, safety and professional service.
Role: Construction Carpenter
Location: Cape Coral,
Apply for this job now.