Elevation Solar is seeking applicants to install residential grid-tied PV systems. In this position, the PV Installer will provide support to the crew lead of the installation team, communicate job status data to the operations management, and ensure the completion of installation of all solar arrays/systems. It is the responsibility of every Installer to ensure safe work practices for the Elevation Solar installation team.
· Pulling inventory for each installation job
· Pre-assemble job components in the warehouse
· Layout and assembly of solar modules / array and mounting hardware
· Mechanical/structural mounting of racking, modules and electrical equipment in accordance with codes and standards
· Perform routine photovoltaic (PV) system maintenance on modules, arrays, batteries, power conditioning equipment, safety systems, structural systems, weather sealing, or balance of systems equipment.
· Activate photovoltaic (PV) systems to verify system functionality and conformity to performance expectations.
· Apply weather sealing to array, building, or support mechanisms.
· Identify electrical, environmental, and safety hazards associated with photovoltaic (PV) installations.
· Document completion of completed installation
· Clean up of job site
· Attend mandatory training sessions on new products, installation methodology and safety
· Additional duties required as needed
· Work both inside and outside in all temperatures and climate conditions in accordance with Heat Stress procedures.
· Work around energized electrical equipment.
· Must be prepared to work irregular shifts and respond to emergency callouts 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.
· Ability to work in mentally stressful environments: must be able to react to crises where immediate action is required to correct or curtail potentially damaging or hazardous situations.
· Daily work expectation requires ability to perform tasks by walking, standing, sitting, kneeling, crouching, squatting, twisting, pushing, pulling, shoveling, climbing, and working with hand tools (up to 25 pounds) in positions above and below head, and extended from body to complete repairs.
· Lift, carry, position and use tools and/or equipment (weighing up to 50 lbs.) in awkward positions.
· Ability to discern assorted colors.
· Ability to twist the body and neck while driving company vehicles.
· Work with and around hazardous and non-hazardous materials.
· Must be able to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) as required.
· Have ability to discern and respond to verbal and auditory signals.
· 1 year of roof work, general construction, or carpentry required
· Previous solar experience strongly preferred
· NABCEP training preferred
· Basic computer skills including familiarity with Microsoft Office programs
· High school diploma or GED required
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
· Excellent customer service skills required
· Thrive in a team environment
· Regular, reliable and predictable attendance required
· Must have a valid state driver’s license
· Must have a clean driving record (example- no DUI in the last 5 years)
· Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment criminal, driving and drug screen
This job description can change at any time.
Apply for this job now.