Freight Forwardering Manager
£28,000 - £32,000 (Depending on experience)
I'm recruiting for an experienced Freight Forwardering Manager to join a well-established Forwarder based on the Wirral.
You'll lead the Forwarding department on behalf of the business and be the main contact in interaction with forwarding networks. The successful candidate will undertake a range of duties and responsibilities in a customer facing role within the department. To include but not be limited to the processing of international transport movements by air, sea and road.
Role and responsibility
- Liaise with shipping lines/delivery suppliers as required to achieve competitive rates
- Liaise/interact with customers, new and old to develop sales opportunities.
- Follow the company's systems and processes, using appropriate forms of communication; formal and informal.
- Process purchase invoices, ensuring that costs are correctly allocated, and sales invoices, ensuring processed correctly and in a timely manner.
- Issue appropriate shipping documentation including bills of lading, air waybills, collection and delivery notes using the company's laid down systems and procedures.
- Process Import and Export Customs Entries.
- Ensure files are updated as shipments progress, are maintained to a good order and subsequently filed away correctly.
- To comply with company Quality Management System (ISO 9001; 2015).
- Other administrative duties which may arise from time to time
Skills and Experience
- Educated to A level/HND level/B Tec.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a similar role
- Experience working in a Freight Forwarding role - Multi model
- Experience in processing of Custom Clearance Entries
- Show the ability to be a self-starter, and also work as part of both formal and informal teams.
If you would like to be considered for the role, please apply via the link.